Palisades Mega Muppet line debuts this Winter

beaker

Reaction score
I really thought I'd never see the words 'too much beaker stuff' ever. This is definately not the threads of a year or more ago, when we only dreamed of someday having Beaker. Palisades made a grand choice...hey my fave Muppet, you seriously cant have *too much* beaker stuff! After putting up with a bazaillion kermit/piggy/animal things from applause and companies over the years, its ABOUT DARN TIME they start making some non main 5 characters! The more beaker stuff the better...and soon, PEPE STUFF TOO!

Sometimes I wonder if people forget just a few short months ago when there was virtually NO muppet stuff at stores, a drough that had lasted since the late 80's til now.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

But Kermit is Kermit, It is allowed for him to come in every possible size there is.

We still love him !

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Rooted Hair For Beaker?

Originally posted by frogboy4
I also think that the Beaker is the best overall choice for a large-scale figure but as I explained - it is easy to understand why fans would want somebody else first.
Jamie, just looking back, that's really not how either of your two posts sounded at all. In fact, you gave reasons why people wouldn't want Beaker and you said you would have liked Kermit yourself. I dunno if you didn't come across how you meant to or something but just so you know.

I agree with you about Animal though, and his sculpt has been made so that could likely have been possible. I'm not so sure Beaker has such a strong non-fan following though, personally i've never seen it to that extent. Not that i think that this large scale line is a good move for Palisades right now, i don't think there should be such a rush to cash in on the license.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>But Kermit is Kermit, It is allowed for him to come in every possible size there is.

We still love him !<<<

yes, but as they say ...variety is the spice of life...an dI dont think Im the only one who while I lvoe kermit, piggy, and animal...ahve been more than impatient for them to finally release merchandise based of characters NOT based off these 3.

And Jamie, a 12" pepe would be great...but first I'd LOVE a 3-4" Pepe first! Please tell me that Nassscawwwr merchandise isnt going to be the only king prawn stuff!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Sometimes I wonder if people forget just a few short months ago when there was virtually NO muppet stuff at stores, a drough that had lasted since the late 80's til now.
This is the thing though - this is the 25th Anniversary, we DO have the chance to be choosy, we ARE seeing a lot of competition out there in the Muppet merchandise area. It's GREAT for fans - although without the good ol' "25th Anniversary" carrot unfortunately it might not last long.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Hmmmn, well, I can't say that I'm thrilled either. When Ken alluded to another line of Muppet toys that hadn't even been discussed yet, I think many of us were hoping for puppets.

As Ken said, this isn't a new idea, as McFarlane has been supersizing his Movie Maniacs line into 18" figures for a few years now. It must be pretty cost effective to trace an existing mold and translate it into a larger scale. I don't think we'll see anything new with this line that we won't have in the smaller figures, as rooted hair or the other mechanisms that have been suggested would be extra tooling.

I guess it's all in what you like, but historically I've had no problem saying no to identical only larger figures in the past.

The Simpsons are doing a larger scale line, and the figs are a bit different from the originals, but at this point, I'm saying no to those. But I may be wowed when I see them in front of me and change my mind.

Really, a statue sized Mega Muppet Beaker would look pretty impressive on a shelf though (as would many of the Muppets that size), and $25.00 isn't a bad price all in all if you look at it that way. Cheaper than a bust, and it's articulated.

I think Pepe and Rizzo would sell the best in this twelve inch size, but I'm not sure if they would translate well in the enlarging process, assuming they'd have be blown up more from the original mold than say Beaker is. And then I guess we'd be having the whole scale debate again: "Should Pepe and Rizzo be 12 inches tall, or should they be in scale with the other 12 inch Mega Muppet figures?" :wink:

I'm sure many of us are yawning right now, but when we see the actual product, I'm sure we'll be impressed.

BAZ

Reaction score
Hey Ken

Is that an actual 12.5 inch prototype Beaker or is it simply a blown up picture of the normal size Beaker?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Off-topic but must be said...

... don't take offense, but since I just read it mis-spelled three times in fifteen minutes on this forum I must state... the word is "sneak", as in sneak peek, sneak preview, and sneaking around.

Ok, dictionary police is now satisfied.