Palisades Mega Muppet line debuts this Winter

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just got the official announcement from Palisades, even though Ken has hinted at this possibility for awhile.

Beginning next winter, Palisades Toys will be adding to their sucessful action figure line with new Mega Muppet figures, nearly twice the size of their action figure conterparts.

Palisades is proud to kick off its Mega Muppets line of jumbo-sized action figures with Beaker! Features tons of articulation (just like the original), and even a couple of extra points! Mega Beaker stands at an impressive 13.5 inches tall! The first Mega Muppet will be sold in a window box.

The Mega Muppets Beaker figures is scheduled to ship to retail stores next Winter. Suggested retail price is $24.99.

towels

Reaction score
So what does Next Winter mean?
Christmas 2002 or Christmas 2003?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Will ship to stores winter 2002...

radionate

Reaction score
You know, I love Ken and Palisades and the figures. I was playing with mine last night. But yet another Beaker? I know he is a fan and public favorite, and I know that the designers are having fun with all this stuff Beaker can do, but why couldn't it have been a monster or a character not yet in the regular line. Sigh. Oh well, I'm off to sell some blood to pay for yet more Muppet Stuff.

I know Ken had been hinting around at this, but I wonder how many will be in the line?

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i thought this was what Ken was hinting at in his last list and once before he mentioned a larger version of beaker. Personally, i agree with the former poster - why do we need another Beaker ? There are too many Beakers around even right now and it's not even as if it's the most major character, or even a wildly sought after figure (besides the variants, sought after more for being variants than Beakers). I agree it would have been nice to have seen Beaker at some later stage but i think one of the others should have come first - it's not as if Beaker actually does anything special or is a figure that requires that much detail ...... unless of course Palisades make an exploding large beaker that self-destructs or even a special effort to get the voice chip license - THAT would make it special.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I agree. I'd rather Kermit be made than another Beaker. I just think there are so many other characters to explore, but Beaker woiuld be quite the big seller among non-fans too. Not so with some other characters. He just has this cross-over appeal.

grail

Reaction score
there is a pic and the press release up at action-figure.com, and soon at Zen too. my take is this...these figs give Palisades the ability to go back and work on things in a larger scale, so they can do things they couldn't do before. like maybe a mouth joint for Beaker!! the press release does say there are a couple of extra points of articulation...

scarecroe

Reaction score
What would make this figure worthwhile would be if it could *do* more than the currently available Beaker (and I'm not talking just a couple more points of articulation). Like a push-in head that hides in his body, elevator shoes, spring-powered hair popping action and light-up eyes. Now, *that's* something you could play with!

Oh, and he should come with paper clips :smile:

What this line *should* be making use of is getting bigger characters done like Sweetums and Thog. Hopefully it will go on to do so.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
You know, you can't please everybody.

I look around and see Beaker stuff selling like hotcakes. I see Kermit on the shelf all over the place. So Kermit was not the first choice for the launch of this new line.

Also, this is a large scale line of the smaller figures, so it won't be a NEW fig until the smaller figs get made. Other companies have done this before, it is not a new concept.

I guess I was kind of hoping for a bit more excitement from you guys.

beaker

Reaction score
sacrilege! heresy!

>>>why do we need another Beaker ? There are too many Beakers around even right now and it's not even as if it's the most major character, or even a wildly sought after figure (besides the variants, sought after more for being variants than Beakers). I agree it would have been nice to have seen Beaker at some later stage but i think one of the others should have come first - it's not as if Beaker actually does anything special or is a figure that requires that much detail<<<

ack luke, frogboy...radionate...heresy! :wink:
ive been waiting for two decades for beaker stuff, and finally we have it...and I say the more the better! as one of the coolest muppets ever IMHO they couldnt begin to make *too much* beaker stuff! bring on the meep!