Palisades club - Invisible Fozzie

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Artie,

I know what you mean, but we have to maintain some degree of customer / manufacturer relationship here. They take the money, they (unfortunately) have to cope with steaming piles of doggy doo doo. I am most grateful for all Palisades has done for the fans but if it's come to the point where questions can't be asked in situations like these for fear of being accused of 'griping' then we might as well just turn this place into 'Palisades Central'. (if it's not already). Anyway, i think the views were pretty balanced on this international thing - i myself can see it from both sides and i'm sure Ken will explain that. I can understand that as a smaller company they need to 'track' but also, it was an oversight not to tell people this is the method they would be using and it'd be more expensive. They're new at this club game, teething problems are to be expected, and i'm sure it'll get sorted out !

As to the 'Did you get my money order' and 'Can you re-send the email' - I agree it is seriously annoying and can someone from Palisades PLEASE deal with it as soon as possible as we seem to have turned into the admin centre for someone elses club. I'm not knocking them - they've told people over and over again to email the collectors club address with any queries, but seeing as Ken and Mike are very nice people and started answering all these admin questions on it (even when likely they don't do the club admin themselves) people haven't got the message and continually ask. Guys, you need to be firm with us - spankings if neccasary !

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I am in the club but dont have the email to ask questions could someone PLEASE send it to me and I will ask them things.my email is spen_f@hotmail.com thank you

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Re: Re: Aaaaaaarghhh!

Originally posted by FellowWLover
Regarding the shipping rates, I have to say that I agree with Joggy that the fees should have been outlined in detail at the inception of the club. (And to be clear let me say that I do not know if they were or not.)
"YES! I would like a second Vanishing Cream Beaker figure and I am
an INTERNATIONAL based customer. I have enclosed my Money Order for
$32.00 ($15.00 plus $17.00 S&H)"

That's part of the email sent out to those interested in signing up for the club.

I don't know how much clearer you can get than that as to what you were in for as an international member. How could you not interpret from that statement that future exclusives you purchased from the club would cost at least that much in shipping?

Can these be shipped cheaper to the UK, the Netherlands, or Canada for that matter? Certainly. But not with tracking, which is what Palisades needs to protect themselves (from Paypal chargebacks, etc...).

Figure it out. Be resourceful. Team up with someone and get them to buy two and ship you one. If you have a yankee friend, then submit your payment and have your order shipped to their house and then have them forward the parcel to you. Two figs shipped to a U.S. household for $37.00 and then forwarded sounds like a way better deal than one shipped internationally for $32.00 (not even taking into account the potential customs charges you might have to pay). Make it work. Take responsibility. Don't blame other people for your problems when the guidelines were there from the start.

As far as the customer service issue, and Ken and Palisades knowing what they got themselves into and having to deal with the piles of dog doo, well should Ken really have to deal with these issues on the forum himself?

Sheesh, it's like I'm back on the Simpsons forum all over again, listening to a company get blasted for trying to appease their fans.

grail

Reaction score
ooooooooooooooo...a spanking!!

and then...hmm...maybe i should stop this one now...

sometimes being a Monty Python fan is hazardous.

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
and yes, i'm on hotmail and got my letter. it was in my junkmail folder even though i was pretty sure i put all former correspondence on the "safe" list, so check your junk mail folder
the email is being sent from the club address via targetware(their neat new email program) which is why hotmail probably is re-directing it to junk mail, their filters do strange things (and I love how they changed it so that the sent messages folder deletes itself after 30 days and they didn't inform anyone until after the fact)

anyways, I got my letter (on Yahoo!)
"Dear [name]" lol

Thanks again to the guys at Palisades and of course Muppet Central for making all this possible!

zachatack

Reaction score
Listen folks, if the shipping is too high for international people, then find a buddy around you, and have one of you order 2 and just have it sent to you and split the shipping costs. Im sure it would be very cheap to send the other figure locally. Shipping rates are very high these days, and as a business, they have a responsibility to track their packages, or they probably wont guarantee you receiving your items.

As for the cost, we all were very lucky to receive the surprises in our packages, which values well over the $30 initiation fee. It's as if we made a return on our money. So even if you don't order anymore figures, Palisades has given you a nice valuable present.

I am still amazed that a company like Palisades is willing to correspond with this board and even go so far as to resculpt figures to satisfy the tastes of rabid Muppet fans. Bravo to you very patient open-mided folks who are willing to read these threads to satisfy your collectors. I don't know any other company who would be so active in their willingness to please, and really puts you guys on the tops of my list as the epitome of what company/corporate service should be. Not just of the toy industry, but of any industry. I for one am extremly thankful for this site and for Palisades.

Peter

trammel

Reaction score
Could someone please forward me the email?

thomas.rammel@verizon.net

I have had no prior problems receiving emails from Palisades, but I did not receive this one.

Thanks,

-Tom