Palisades club - Invisible Fozzie

ukgonzo

Reaction score
I got the e-mail but have not recieved my pack. however getting the e-mail makes me feel better as i know my money order must have made it.
I think even though the shipping is expensive for international members it will be worth it to get the exclusives.
As we are limited to 2 con exclusives for the year i was wondering how many con's normally happen each year, coz if its more than 2 it might be worth waiting to see what comes up in later con's.
Plus i already got invisible fozzie from e-bay for $26 plus $14 shipping only a few $ more than the club, so have i done a good thing saving my exclusive shots?

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
From the way I understood it, you could order two of any single convention exclusive, not just two figures during the course of your membership. Meaning, I could get 2 Fozzies, then 2 of each of the exclusives for next years conventions

gringo

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee
From the way I understood it, you could order two of any single convention exclusive, not just two figures during the course of your membership. Meaning, I could get 2 Fozzies, then 2 of each of the exclusives for next years conventions
That's how I understood it too. On the membership info, it says the end of expiration is sometime next year. I think it was August.

Mark

FlyingMonkey

Reaction score
Hmmmm... no email for me either.
Any Collector's Club members out there with Hotmail addresses received the email yet?

refresh
refresh
refresh

(ps. Ken, just in case... my email is flyingmonkey_@hotmail.com)

Luke

Reaction score
Hi Joggy,

I'm not a member of the club yet (basically because my interest in beaker doesn't go further than one figure) but i had been intending to join once Animal was offered.

I can understand what Ken says - yes thats about the right price to UPS a package internationally. However because of these high rates, it doesn't make it worth joining the club unless you specifically intend to buy two of each figure every time an exclusive is offered so you take advantage of the flat shipping rate.

The solutions i think work out cheapest for you are either Ebay, splitting the cost of your subscription with another international member and getting a figure each every time an offer comes up, or just finding a club member only intending to buy one and getting them to order an extra for you.

I do agree that being this high, the figure shipping prices should definitely have been stated before you joined to avoid any confusion but then thats obviously an afterthought. Most large online retailers (Amazon etc) all ship via regular airmail where they just fill in a customs certificate so i would think people were just expecting that to happen.

I can understand the reasons for a small company like Palisades to need to track a parcel so they don't end up footing the bill for losses, but as you say, it should have been stated, it wasn't. I guess you are ok with $40 for the two figures that come in the members pack so theres no real loss (though that extra freebie figure will have cost you), but yes, unfortunately it doesn't help us get the figures from now on at the regular prices at all.

grail

Reaction score
it is NOT a limit of 2 total, it is a limit of 2 per exclusive.

if that were not the case, they wouldn't have bothered to send email to those of us that took them up on the offer for 2 VC Beakers. they wouldn't screw people like that, they wanna sell toys.

and yes, i'm on hotmail and got my letter. it was in my junkmail folder even though i was pretty sure i put all former correspondence on the "safe" list, so check your junk mail folder

JohnFranklin

Reaction score
No Email here

i didn't get this e-mail either. I paid via pay pal on the 6th of Aug. Who should we e-mail to be put on the list?

Thanks

jf

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
Ken,

I seriously think you should have told us about this earlier. I think spending 32 dollars on a collectable TOY (I repeat: TOY) is quite ridiculous and I wouldn't have joined if I knew about this. It's that I'm getting a VC Beaker and most possibly the special surprise for these 40 dollars I paid, or else I might have thought I've thrown my money away on this.

Do any of the other Internationals think my way?
Joggy. The shipping info should not be a suprise. It's no different than the Beaker figure. If you are unhappy we can work out a refund and get your stuff back from you. But this is not some hidden new thing. The Beaker (2 were 17.00) is the same as the Fozzie.

Oh and you can purchase up to 2 of any con exclusive. There is no limit to the amount of different exclusives each year you can buy one or two of.