Palisades club - Invisible Fozzie

Joggy

Reaction score
I hope Ken or any other Palisades member can give me more information on this...

I just received the email on how to order Fozzie. I was wondering: why is the shipping and handling for ONE figure for the international collectors so expensive?

Regular air mail for a regular figure cost about 9 dollars (this was at least the case with the figures some fans sent me). So why does Palisades ask 17 dollars shipping and handling, making it a total of 32 (yes 32!!!) dollars per figure?

Furthermore, I would like to ask if these prices were stated anywhere before, because I am seriously beginning to doubt my decision of joining the club. I most certainly did not join for 40 dollars in order to buy figures for prices almost as rediculously high as on Ebay. I might as well have asked someone who joined to buy two figures every time a new one is released, so that I would have gotten one for a cheaper price.

Hope to hear from you soon.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Did all of the members get this email? I joined on July 30th, havent got my membership kit, my email isnt one listed as not being able to be reached, but I havent got this email.

My email address is adamclowe@earthlink.net if one of the fellas from Palisades happens to see this.

Thanks,
Adam

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
We are not sending them regular air mail. Cause you can't track it. I don't know the specifics of it but I do know that right now it is costing us more than 9 bucks per to ship them. I'll look into it, but we did some calculations and came up with that and believe it is fair.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Joggy,

According to the e-mail, shipping for international customers is $17 whether you want one figure or two. It's a flat rate.

In comparison, shipping for US customers is $7 whether you want one figure or two.

towels

Reaction score
Okay, I've tried not to get all panicky even though I don't trust the US Postal Service and there's no tracking on a Money Order, but could the fact that I haven't gotten the Fozzie email, or the one Peter mentioned a few weeks ago indicate that my subscription may not have made it?
I get plenty of spam in my email, so I don't think it's a filter issue.

gringo

Reaction score
I got my email earlier, I assume that Ken and crew got my request for email change. :smile:

Mark

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee
Did all of the members get this email? I joined on July 30th, havent got my membership kit, my email isnt one listed as not being able to be reached, but I havent got this email.

My email address is adamclowe@earthlink.net if one of the fellas from Palisades happens to see this.

Thanks,
Adam
earthlink's email servers are perpetually slow...especially since i don't think they've updated the software in probably 3 years. give it some time and you should be cool

oh, and check your mail filter, i had to rescue mine from it and i thought they were on my "safe" list...it could just be caught

Joggy

Reaction score
I guess it's fair then...

One more question: what does "you can order 2 figures" mean? Does it mean you can order 2 of each figure that comes out, or does your membership allow you to only buy two figures in one year?

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
earthlink's email servers are perpetually slow...especially since i don't think they've updated the software in probably 3 years. give it some time and you should be cool

oh, and check your mail filter, i had to rescue mine from it and i thought they were on my "safe" list...it could just be caught
I checked my Spaminator, no Palisades emails in there; I've received emails from them in the past, but they were direct communications, not group emails.

I sent an email to club@palisadetoys.com and included my paypal receipts and whatnot, just to make sure it has went through. My paypal email is different from my current email, and it also no longer works, so it would bounce emails, but I included a note with my payment to send emails to adamclowe@earthlink.net . I haven't received my membership kit either, so Im starting to think there's been some sort of mixup.

Could someone forward the email to me? I would like to get mine ordered.........

Joggy

Reaction score
Ken,

I seriously think you should have told us about this earlier. I think spending 32 dollars on a collectable TOY (I repeat: TOY) is quite ridiculous and I wouldn't have joined if I knew about this. It's that I'm getting a VC Beaker and most possibly the special surprise for these 40 dollars I paid, or else I might have thought I've thrown my money away on this.

Do any of the other Internationals think my way?