Oz Casting News

Beauregard

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
As much as I love :sympathy: and as much as i'd want to see him have bigger roles in all the new movies I don't think he'd make a good Toto.

Before reaching Oz I suspect it's going to be quite boring without the Muppets and Pepe will be one of the only Muppets in the real world and I don't think Rowlf alone has that ability to make us laugh and entertain us as Pepe would.

So yes I do want to see Rowlf have a big part in this movie but not as Toto, I think Pepe is the ideal character to play that part but I do want some Rowlf in this movie.
My sentiments, exactly.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
If Eric can do Piggy and Fozzie, why can't Steve do Rizzo and Kermit?
You're forgetting something... how often are the Wicked Witch and the Cowardly Lion in a scene together? Not until the end. Then, how many scenes are the Scarecrow and Toto in together? Almost all of them. It just wouldn't work very well.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
You're forgetting something... how often are the Wicked Witch and the Cowardly Lion in a scene together? Not until the end. Then, how many scenes are the Scarecrow and Toto in together? Almost all of them. It just wouldn't work very well.
Yea but I don't think that's really a problem, I mean Rowlf & Kermit were together alot in TMM aswell as Piggy & Fozzie, in TMTM Animal, Piggy & Fozzie were together quite a bit aswell as Rowlf, Kermit & Dr.Teeth and Janice & Scooter. So I don't think having Rizzo & Kermit together would be a real problem.

agger_rob

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
As much as I love :sympathy: and as much as i'd want to see him have bigger roles in all the new movies I don't think he'd make a good Toto.

Before reaching Oz I suspect it's going to be quite boring without the Muppets and Pepe will be one of the only Muppets in the real world and I don't think Rowlf alone has that ability to make us laugh and entertain us as Pepe would.

So yes I do want to see Rowlf have a big part in this movie but not as Toto, I think Pepe is the ideal character to play that part but I do want some Rowlf in this movie.
Actually, the Lion, Scarecrow and Tin Man are all different incarnations of three farm hands in Kansas, so they would be in the movie before Dorothy and Toto go to Oz.

King Prawn

Reaction score
agger_rob said:
Actually, the Lion, Scarecrow and Tin Man are all different incarnations of three farm hands in Kansas, so they would be in the movie before Dorothy and Toto go to Oz.
I never knew that :embarrassed: Thank's, I must read the book one of these days :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
all i can say is, i hope pepe doesn't still the show. or should i say, i hope the writers who have written the script don't let pepe still the show....

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
agger_rob said:
Actually, there were no farm-hands in the book; acccording to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L Frank Baum, it goes straight from her gray prairie life to the colorful world of Oz...no being knocked-out or anything. According to the book Dorothy actually went to the Land of Oz and then came home; the 1939 movie added the whole dream sequence and farmhands and is not correct to the book--my suggestion is to read the book.

There's at least 40 books in the actual Oz series, I think 14 by Baum, and more by Ruth Plumley Thompson.

agger_rob

Reaction score
Sorry, my observations have only been based off of the movie.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
all i can say is, i hope pepe doesn't still the show. or should i say, i hope the writers who have written the script don't let pepe still the show....

ryan
you can say Pepe steals the show, but just don't blame bill!