Owners of NBC Buy Dreamworks Animation for $3.55 billion

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

mr3urious

Reaction score
Hopefully Comcast will be like what Disney does to Pixar and be hands-off with their business.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dang, this is a sad sign of the times when ever the biggest companies in the entertainment industry have to be bought out by even bigger corporations.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
DreamWorks have not been at their best for a while now

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Hopefully Comcast will be like what Disney does to Pixar and be hands-off with their business.
Yeah, I hope so too. My biggest worry is that Dreamworks will just keep doing what it's been doing and Comcast's only concern is to keep expanding just to get more money and be more famous. Hopefully both of the companies will work together to help make Dreamworks better again.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I kind of thought Disney would buy them. I guess I was wrong.

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
Well, that's a biggie. Do they merge them with Illumination? I have no idea what the point of this was. It makes no sense to me that Comcast of all companies bought them, but , COMCAST. Everyone hates their cable, and the company itself it seems. We'll figure out if it made sense in 5 years or less, I feel.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Everybody hates all cable and satellite companies, that's just the way of the world.

Drtooth

Reaction score
DreamWorks have not been at their best for a while now
Dreamworks was never its own company. They always had to have some sort of distribution deal, even when their movies were making hand over fist. They had some sort of silent partnership with Universal back in the late 90's when they were first a thing. Their Toonsylvania VHS had a lot of Universal previews on it, and I'm sure their at the time films did to on home video. Looks like they probably had one with Viacom, but that seems to have been just a TV deal. Then their films were distributed by Fox until this went down. Hasbro almost bought them up.