Outfitting the Kermit Replica

Davina

Reaction score
Question.. I know some people have used infant clothing for their Kermits.. and I was wondering what size was being used...
I found the cutest little Santa outfit at Wal-Mart in the infant's department and I would love to get one for him, but wasn't sure of the size... I would think the 0-3 months would fit, except the legs would be too short.. the 3-6 months might be too big, but has longer legs.. (the outfit is a one piece with built in "boots" and a little hat...)
any suggestions? (or should I just take Kermit in with me one of these days and try things on... hehehe...

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Question.. I know some people have used infant clothing for their Kermits.. and I was wondering what size was being used...
I found the cutest little Santa outfit at Wal-Mart in the infant's department and I would love to get one for him, but wasn't sure of the size... I would think the 0-3 months would fit, except the legs would be too short.. the 3-6 months might be too big, but has longer legs.. (the outfit is a one piece with built in "boots" and a little hat...)
any suggestions? (or should I just take Kermit in with me one of these days and try things on... hehehe...

That would have been a sight to see Davina...seeing you walk around with Kermit in your hands and trying on clothes in the baby section. Sorry, but that made me giggle! I am going to custom make mine when I find the right material to make him a Santa outfit and hat....if I have time.

Davina

Reaction score
heh.. i know i haven't the time.. which is why when i saw those in the store... thought they'd be perfect.. just need to figure the size... i can make mods to it, but i'd like to get it as close as possible to start with.. *sigh*

Beauregard

Reaction score
*gasp!* Oh my gosh, there is a baby santa outfit at a local store here! I hadn't thought of buying it for Kermit! *dashes out the house with chequebook* What a MARVELOUS idea!

Davina

Reaction score
hehe if you get it and it fits right (or not, even..) let me know what size you got.. i'm waiting til next week when i'll be in town again and can go to walmart (with measurements at least...)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, mine will be guesswork because my Kermit is curantly several hundred miles away from me at the otherside of the contry...but I'll be home for Christmas. I'll probably have to get my sew kit out anyway...

Luke

Reaction score
Sounds like fun, i'd really love to see the Kermit replica dressed as Santa, lol. Maybe someone here could take measurements of a Kermit if they have one with them - kids clothes here usually go by height here or have some kind of height chart when they come in ages.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I was gonna do the same thing last Christmas, but by the time I decided to do it, they were all out. I saw them again this year, but I thought about the size issue as well. The body looks about right, but those sleeves and legs are waaay too short.

Could always get the biggest one and pin or cut a section out of the back of the shirt and seat.

I really, really want to make a reporters costume and the outfit that Kermie wore in MCC, top hat and all. But for now I'd settle for just a scarf! :big_grin:

Davina

Reaction score
ok, measurements it is.. (and will et you know what size fits best when I get to it, might be later then monday though.. am going to try to get into the dentist after my weekly post accident chiropractic appointment... stupid tooth broke tonight... no pain so far, but, still...)

anyway..
legs are about 11.5 inches, ankle to crotch
feet are about 5 inches long and 2.5 inches wide
torso about 9 inches, neck to crotch
waist at his roundest about 19.5 inches around
arms are about 10.5 - 11 inches wrist to shoulder

Telly

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks for the measurements Davina! I think after Christmas (when I have extra cash) I'm going to look for a pair of khaki pants and a wifebeater for Kermit. Then I can create Frog McClaine.