1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Outfitting the Kermit Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Davina, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Davina

Davina Member

Question.. I know some people have used infant clothing for their Kermits.. and I was wondering what size was being used...
    I found the cutest little Santa outfit at Wal-Mart in the infant's department and I would love to get one for him, but wasn't sure of the size... I would think the 0-3 months would fit, except the legs would be too short.. the 3-6 months might be too big, but has longer legs.. (the outfit is a one piece with built in "boots" and a little hat...)
    any suggestions? (or should I just take Kermit in with me one of these days and try things on... hehehe...
  2. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

That would have been a sight to see Davina...seeing you walk around with Kermit in your hands and trying on clothes in the baby section. Sorry, but that made me giggle! I am going to custom make mine when I find the right material to make him a Santa outfit and hat....if I have time.
  3. Davina

Davina Member

heh.. i know i haven't the time.. which is why when i saw those in the store... thought they'd be perfect.. just need to figure the size... i can make mods to it, but i'd like to get it as close as possible to start with.. *sigh*
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*gasp!* Oh my gosh, there is a baby santa outfit at a local store here! I hadn't thought of buying it for Kermit! *dashes out the house with chequebook* What a MARVELOUS idea!
  5. Davina

Davina Member

hehe if you get it and it fits right (or not, even..) let me know what size you got.. i'm waiting til next week when i'll be in town again and can go to walmart (with measurements at least...)
  6. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well, mine will be guesswork because my Kermit is curantly several hundred miles away from me at the otherside of the contry...but I'll be home for Christmas. I'll probably have to get my sew kit out anyway...
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Sounds like fun, i'd really love to see the Kermit replica dressed as Santa, lol. Maybe someone here could take measurements of a Kermit if they have one with them - kids clothes here usually go by height here or have some kind of height chart when they come in ages.
  8. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I was gonna do the same thing last Christmas, but by the time I decided to do it, they were all out. I saw them again this year, but I thought about the size issue as well. The body looks about right, but those sleeves and legs are waaay too short.

Could always get the biggest one and pin or cut a section out of the back of the shirt and seat.

I really, really want to make a reporters costume and the outfit that Kermie wore in MCC, top hat and all. But for now I'd settle for just a scarf! :D
  9. Davina

Davina Member

ok, measurements it is.. (and will et you know what size fits best when I get to it, might be later then monday though.. am going to try to get into the dentist after my weekly post accident chiropractic appointment... stupid tooth broke tonight... no pain so far, but, still...)

anyway..
    legs are about 11.5 inches, ankle to crotch
    feet are about 5 inches long and 2.5 inches wide
    torso about 9 inches, neck to crotch
    waist at his roundest about 19.5 inches around
    arms are about 10.5 - 11 inches wrist to shoulder
  10. Telly

Telly Active Member

Sweet! Thanks for the measurements Davina! I think after Christmas (when I have extra cash) I'm going to look for a pair of khaki pants and a wifebeater for Kermit. Then I can create Frog McClaine.
  11. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I'm so lame and boring with mine, I bought him some infant sized mittens and an infant sized scarf. It was easy and he does look pretty cute.
  12. Davina

Davina Member

ignore this... heh..
  13. Davina

Davina Member

Ok, so was out and about in the area today, so went and picked up the santa suit... i got a size 3-6 months (which was the largest they had there..) it's a pretty close fit.. could stand to be a smidge bigger in a few spots.. (something to work on for next year..)
    I had to dig out the stand we'd never bothered to unpack, heh.. and need to work on a pose.. figure out where we want to put him (he's currently on the kitchen table, that won't work for long though...) but here's a few quick early shots... used the flash on most of them as we have really dim lighting - in pictures anyway - in our house (and not much sunlight to speak of this time of year..)

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/familystuart/muppets/kermit46.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/familystuart/muppets/kermit47.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/familystuart/muppets/kermit48.jpg

and one without the flash...
    http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb52/familystuart/muppets/kermit45.jpg
  14. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics and info.Looks great.havent seen any baby santa outfits here.
  15. Telly

Telly Active Member

That looks cute
  16. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

That's so cool Davina!

I gotta say, your MR Kermit has an EXCELLENT head & mouth shape. Did he arrive that way or did you give him a sharper curve yourself? I think the only pics I saw of your Kermit before are from when you first got him, and he was sitting on the box in front of your window facing the front yard right? Either way, he looks great, that pic looks like it's right out of The Christmas Toy!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!
    :)
    Anthony
  17. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

18. Davina

Davina Member

Thanks Anthony.. I'd have to dig photos out and compare.. but i think i got lucky with him.. i've fiddled with his head a little bit, to get the right shape, but not a whole lot. mostly i've been trying to work on body poses.. which are dang hard, heh... though i did have a decent "thinker" pose going for a while.. though it looked like he was staring at the ceiling since he's usually up on the top shelf in my living room... (dogs.. including a puppy who chews just about everything.. so... nothing on the floor.. we don't even have a big tree up this year, just several small ones in the bay window up on a level he can't get at.. and with a "fence" up for extra protection... )

I've moved Kermit and his bag over to the sideboard in the living room now.. he looks good there.. added a few more toys to his bag (including a little baby kermit and piggy..)

next up will be coming up with ideas for new years (small hat and noisemakers...) valentines day, st patrick's day, and then everything else... eep! gonna be busy coming up with costuming ideas.. hehe

already have plans for years from now when i've got enough of them for a little muppet nativity scene.. hehe
    gotta try and mod some palasades figures for that too, maybe,... heh
  19. drudo

drudo New Member

The full child's santa outfit is a great idea! Looks like it turned out nicely.

I didn't get my Kermit a full outfit, but I got it a santa hat made for a dog and did a general Christmas display beside my tree. I first did this display last year and enjoyed it so much I just repeated basically the same pose this year.

Last Year:
    http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m155/StudioBueno/Kermit/Kermit_112806_001.jpg

This Year:
    http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m155/StudioBueno/Kermit/Kermit_Christmas_07.jpg
  20. Telly

Telly Active Member

That's a cool little display drudo!