Out To Lunch

Tim

Reaction score
Does anyone besides me remember this network (ABC I think) special? Early 1970's it featured the combined casts of "Seasame Street" (Muppets only) and "The Electric Company" , along with a couple of Guest Stars. Odd sketches included Cookie Monster playing poker with Elliott Gould. I have a couple of news clippings, but never saw it shown again. Thought there might be some interest with "The Electric Company" now out on DVD. Wierd.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've heard of it. I think this is one of the most obscure Henson specials. Not very many of us here even know very much about what this special is about.

Hopefully, there will be a second volume of The Best of The Electric Company, and this special will be included. Or maybe there will be a similar DVD collection for Sesame Street. Or maybe this can be released as it's own DVD.

It's too bad that Noggin didn't show television specials (at least when Sesame Workshop owned the station). This special could have easily been shown on that network. Same with other Sesame Street and Electric Company specials (where there very many Electric Company specials).

zns

Reaction score
"Out to Lunch"

I wasn't sure if there was a thread about this unfamiliar tv special, but I thought that I'd bring it up anyway. Has anyone ever seen this special when it first aired in '74? I've looked at some of the info on the Muppet Wiki as well as the script that was posted by Danny Horn. It's quite an interesting show, filled with outrageous moments and segments with the Sesame Muppet and the E.C. cast.

In 2006, somebody had posted a few segments from the show on youtube.com, but they only lasted for a very short time. Obviously that means there are some copies circulating out there somewhere. Sesame Workshop probably has this located in their video archives. But anyway, does anyone know more about this rare gem? I would so love to see this special.

zns

Reaction score
A Suggestion

Here's a thought. Maybe we could try to contact Sesame Woekshop or JHP and see if we can find a copy of this special. Anyone know how?

Kiki

Reaction score
Hmm... not sure, zns. I saw a bit of this special when attending a screening of Henson TV appearences, etc. I really want to see more of it, though. It would be great if it was released on DVD soomehow. I also love this picture, by Jack Davis: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Lunch2.jpg#file Vair cool, no? :smile:

zns

Reaction score
Hmm... not sure, zns. I saw a bit of this special when attending a screening of Henson TV appearences, etc. I really want to see more of it, though. It would be great if it was released on DVD soomehow. I also love this picture, by Jack Davis: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Lunch2.jpg#file Vair cool, no? :smile:
Having it released on an official DVD would be good. The only problem is, does ABC own the special?

zns

Reaction score
FatBlueMuppet said that he has the special. I have sent him my part of the trade two weeks ago, but I hope that he has not forgotten since he has not been on the forum since 1/27/09. Hope I hear from him soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Bad news: it's unlikely he'll keep his end of the bargain.

He conned me in our last trade, and had done it with another forum member. Someone needs to report him to one of the administrators.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And just reading how untrustworthy he is, I doubt he's even telling the truth about having the special.

zns

Reaction score
I guess I need to keep trying to find that special. Does anyone know who might have it?