Our Song

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
He felt empty. How else could he describe the aching in his heart, the hollowness in his mind. His pal, friend, family member, even father; was gone forever. No pleading or wishing would bring him back, no star was that powerful. Robin remembered sitting strait up in bed with a sheen of cold sweat clinging to his skin. He had instantly known what had happened, the thread that had bonded him and Jerry for years had been severed. Cut, snipped, sliced, either way you put it, it was gone.

Not wanting to wake anyone, he had slipped out of his bed sheets with insects printed on them, and carefully padded out of his room towards the stairs. Counting silently in his head, Robin found the middle step and sat down. He wanted to cry, to let the pain and anger leak out, yet no matter how much he willed it to happen his efforts were only met with silence and suffering.

He wasn't the first muppet to lose their respected puppeteer, and of course he wouldn't be the last. Yet the difference between his loss and the other's was he was just a child. Barely six years of age, everyone else was an adult yet he was small. And tonight he felt not only small, but also very much alone. Robin was so enthralled with his thoughts that he didn't notice someone had sat next to him.
"Hey there, little green stuff." Floyd's raspy voice caught Robin's attention.
"Hello, Floyd. You..." Robin couldn't finish the sentence, but Floyd saved him by nodding sadly.
"Yup, looks like he's gone now. How's my favorite little frog?" The scruffy musician tried to cheer up his companion by making small talk for a while. During a longer gap of silence, Robin looked up into the face of the musician and asked a question that had been bothering him for some time.
"Floyd, do you think we'll ever see Jerry again? Floyd sat for a moment before letting out a long low sigh.
"Honestly short stuff, yeah, I know we will. I wouldn't doubt that he's here right now watching us with that same ol' smile of his." Robin smiled a little at that.
"Jerry, if you can hear me, thanks. You were the best friend I could ever ask for, I-I love you, Jerry." Robin couldn't stop the large alligator tears from spilling down his cheeks, but this is what he needed. It gave him a sense of calm and peace.
"I love you too, Jerry. Go show them angels how to really sing some blues." Floyd added thickly, his usual care-free voice was now heavy with sorrow. Hugging the musician tightly, Robin asked another question.
"Hey Floyd, do you have your guitar?" The musician perked slightly and he grinned at the small green frog.
"Don't I always, Green stuff?"
"Can you play that song Jerry and I sang together a while back, Halfway down the stairs?"
"I thought you'd never ask." Pulling his trusty guitar into his arms, the wisened musician began to play a familiar old tune.
"Halfway down the stairs is a stair where I sit
There isn't any other stair quite like it
I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top
So this is the stair where I always stop
[ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/a/amy_lee/halfway_down_the_stairs.html ]
Halfway up the stairs isn't up and isn't down
It isn't in the nursery, it isn't in the town
And all sorts of funny thoughts run round my head
It isn't really anywhere, it's somewhere else instead.

Halfway down the stairs is a stair where I sit
There isn't any other stair quite like it
I'm not at the bottom, I'm not at the top
So this is the stair where I always stop."

Finishing the wo sat in silence once more.
"He may be gone, but we'll always have our song, won't we Floyd?"
"Yeah, we will indeed."

R.I.P Jerry.
~~Figgie

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Figgie! It's hard to understand, but I LOVE THIS! I had a sad day already! I was so confused of why our favorite people have to pass away so suddenly. Jerry will be missed!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Figgie! It's hard to understand, but I LOVE THIS! I had a sad day already! I was so confused of why our favorite people have to pass away so suddenly. Jerry will be missed!
How is it hard to understand? I'm glad you enjoyedit. It was a little rushed, but it came from my heart. Yes, we will all miss him. It's interesting to think how I wasn't alive at Jim's, or Richard's passing, this was my fist experience of a muppeteers death. It hurts.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
How is it hard to understand? I'm glad you enjoyedit. It was a little rushed, but it came from my heart. Yes, we will all miss him. It's interesting to think how I wasn't alive at Jim's, or Richard's passing, this was my fist experience of a muppeteers death. It hurts.
I agree! Jerry's death hurts me also. I was alive when Richard passed away, but I never ever got the sad news from my mom.