Our Favorite Non-Muppets Music - An Open Discussion

Mayhem Diva

Reaction score
I am officially firing my flesh & blood for stating above that Justin's hair sucked. It, in fact, did *not* suck... it helped him shake his groove thing!

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programming...

Completely addicted to the following:

Harry Connick Jr.
Aerosmith
Louis Armstrong
Frank Sinatra
Soundtracks to various Broadway/movie musical soundtracks
Andrea Bocelli

P.S. Kelly Clarkson's renditions of "Stuff Like That There" and "I Surrender" gave me chills. On "SLTT", she sounded like she truly belonged on WWII-time radio. Perfection! :smile:

Gonzo

Reaction score
CraigD, So GLAD that someone finally mentioned my favorite group of all time: U2!!!!!!

My wife and I are U2 obsessed to the point of idiocy. But we have good taste. We've seen them in concert three times, and it's been amazing every time. Love those guys.

Other than that, these are the CDs/groups I listen to most frequently:

Beatles
Barenaked Ladies
Coldplay
Elvis
Five For Fighting
Guster
Dave Matthews Band
Peter Paul & Mary
Simon & Garfunkel
Paul Simon
Travis
U2
Wallflowers
John Williams
Beethoven
Copland
Grieg
Mozart
Prokofiev
Tschaikovsky

...and about 35 Muppets/Sesame Street/Fraggle CDs.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mayhem Diva
P.S. Kelly Clarkson's renditions of "Stuff Like That There" and "I Surrender" gave me chills. On "SLTT", she sounded like she truly belonged on WWII-time radio. Perfection! :smile:
I think out of all her performances, "SLTT" was the one that really blew me away. :big_grin: I was gaping at the tv after that one, and it was what convinced me that she had a good shot at winning the cometition.
Erin

Mayhem Diva

Reaction score
Exactly! I think it's rare to see today's contemporary singers attempt to capture the sound of another era, instead of forcing themselves to sound like every other artist out there right now. She did it perfectly... I could totally see her on Broadway after that.

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Originally posted by Cantus Rock
Tenacious D - Rock. One of the greatest shows I've ever seen. Few people see past the extreme funniness of this band to see that they are actually very talented guitarists. KG really know what he's doing. And they are really quite funny. :big_grin:
"KYLE's fingers be silver!"

"We reign...SUPREME! OH God, and burrito supreme, and a chicken supreme and a nachos supreme! SUPREEEEEEEME YEAH!
KO NACKA KO NACKA GO!!"

*Sit's in her tower*

Sunshineboz

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
CraigD, So GLAD that someone finally mentioned my favorite group of all time: U2!!!!!!

My wife and I are U2 obsessed to the point of idiocy. But we have good taste. We've seen them in concert three times, and it's been amazing every time. Love those guys.
YOu are correct, they're awesome! I was able to meet Bono in their club called "The Kitchen" in Dublin back in '94. He was really cordial and happy we went to his club.

I never tire of their music or good music in general. Something to be said about music that gives you goosebumps with special riffs or epic sounds that give you the goosebumps 20 years later.

AWESOME!!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yes sunshine, the D rock extremely hard. If you show for MF we can do some ROCK Squats together. :big_grin:

Now as this is an open discussion, I'd like to discuss the WHO's affect on me. Cory might want to read on a bit.

First of all, my speaking/typing. I constantly referance Quadrophenia. This is why (Cory,) when I refer to people as Mods, Rockers, Dandies, Bangers, etc., I am not really talking about those peoples styles. I'm more talking about how they could be considered these things, should the mentality of Qu. be enstated, which it is for me...deeply.

Second: I seem to shout random lyrics and verses at any given moment. Happens alot at work, but thats usually when I just scream "BELL BOY!!" ("He ended up working at that hotel. He wasn't the manager though.") But yeah, in school, walking to class, and all of a sudden comes "Girls of 15...". Doesn't always go over very well if people are actually listening to me. Maybe thats why I do it, because I know noone is listening...hmmm...

Third: I seem to draw the Male Sign Logo on everything. I don't think I've turned in a paper this year without it on there. All over my folders, my backpack, and nearly perminently drawn on my right wrist.

I think one of my teachers told me she thought it was unhealthy, but what does she know. :smile:

Love, Reign O'er Me...and my lovely Muppet friends.

-Matt

grail

Reaction score
the Tenacious D cd is one of those that rarely leaves my cd player. i always have to listen to "Tribute" at least 3 times. they're funny AND talented!

Gonzo

Reaction score
I had the chance to go to a Tenacious D concert a while back, and didn't--my brother did, and said it was the most entertaining show he's ever been to. I'm kicking myself for not going, even though I don't particularly enjoy the style of music, I love the comedy behind it.

Quinnnnnn

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
*gladly glosses over my whole long WHO post to talk about the D*

Well I saw the D, and I must say they gave an amazing show. Comedy and rock made it beautiful. But, it was not the best show I've ever seen. No, that is still with the Bloodhound Gang. They gave the funniest show I've ever seen, and they are an amazing group. Another awesome combo of comedy and rock. Woooo!

-Matt