Otakus AKA Anime/Manga Fan Talk Here

Drtooth

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen an anime character actually eat sushi?

It's like the US thinks its the ONLY thing that the Japanese eat, yet I've never once seen an anime character actually eat the stuff.

I've seen them eat Ramen (both real and cup), Gyudons (Gyuudon hitotsuji san-byaku-nen, hayai no umai no yasui no!), Takoyaki, Oden, dorayaki, various hot pots, curry, and various street foods and rice things. Never once have I seen sushi. And I can rarely find Japanese places that sell anything besides sushi, and any of those things listed. Except Dorayaki. That's like the one authentic Japanese thing I've ever been able to find and eat. And it tastes like a Twinkee.

kyunkyua

Reaction score
My favorites are tonkatsu and yakisoba. Not the instant yakisoba, that's nasty.

As for anime, I like Pretty Cure mostly, but I also like Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, Sgt. Frog, Hetalia...mostly gag stuff. I've been trying to get into Madoka Magica, but it's hard for my Internet connection to handle half-hour HD videos. And I dread the shipping costs if I try to buy the DVDs...

Mandy The Bunny

Reaction score
I make a really good Yakisoba. I also make a good omurice and Japanese style curry :3
I love to cook from time to time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As for anime, I like Pretty Cure mostly, but I also like Azumanga Daioh, Lucky Star, Sgt. Frog, Hetalia...mostly gag stuff. I've been trying to get into Madoka Magica, but it's hard for my Internet connection to handle half-hour HD videos. And I dread the shipping costs if I try to buy the DVDs...
Madoka Magica is a great show for killing your soul.

No... It's good. Very good. Incredibly good. But it's the single most depressing thing I've seen in my life. When it gets real, it gets REAL and there's no turning back. It does for Magic Girls what Watchmen does for Super Heroes... all I can say. And that's a rough approximation.

But seriously. This show is depressing beyond all belief from a country famous for depressing animated programming.

Personally, I'm more of the old school type that enjoys watching the stuff no one's watching. The good original Dragon Ball, Kinnikuman, Saint Seyia, Fist of the North Star... mostly fight animes, but also Doraemon, Kochikame, and for some strange reason, I love Anpanman, and that's a preschooler's show.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
My personal favorite anime is Cardcaptor Sakura. It's the first anime I saw and I love it to pieces. I recently bought all the manga volumes. I is happy. It's also the only English dub I can stand, mostly because it's nostalgic for me.

bandit

Reaction score
Oohhhhh anime! There's so much to discuss here. Admittedly, I'm slightly out of the loop with anything that came out more recently but I -adore- anime. They are the very first kind of cartoons I ever saw. Granted, I saw them in spanish but it definitely set the stage for future fandom.
Some of my top favorites are Slayers, Evangelion, Berserk, School Rumble, Utena and yes, even Sailor Moon. But there are tons of others I enjoy.

BeckyDR

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I posted in this thread yet, but I am a big Hetalia fan and I RP and cosplay as Russia.

Harleena

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I posted in this thread yet, but I am a big Hetalia fan and I RP and cosplay as Russia.
I also like Hetalia, I sometimes cosplay as Seychelles and occasionally China (he's harder to do), but I've never RPed before.