Oscar was the first one to meet Snuffy

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
Did you guys know that Oscar actually met Snuffy before any of the humans did in 1985? He met him halfway through Season 16, and I even remember the episode when they first met. He quickly became a Grouchkateer and was seen quite a bit with Oscar that year. Why do you suppose they had Oscar meet Snuffy before any of the humans did? What are your thoughts on this? :grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

hooperdusty

Reaction score
I heard that Molly the Mail Lady actually saw Snuffy as well.

Dr. Nobel Price saw Snuffy in a 1983 episode.
Plus, in the "Marathon" episode, Forgetful Jones saw him.

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
This is true. But Oscar seems to be the first "friend" Snuffy had besides Big Bird. For some reason as Grouchy as Oscar was, him and Snuffy seemed to get along great. I wonder why? Must be a Spinney/Robbinson thing.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah, it seems like Muppets and kids saw Snuffy before adults did.

Actually, I do remember quite a few Oscar/Snuffy sketches. There was one where Snuffy told Oscar and the Grouchkateers about something at some kind of dump and they all went to look for it or something like that. I think that one was a main 'street' story.

Then there was one where Oscar wanted him to help with an experiment. (Blowing on a big block of ice or something like that. Oscar called him 'Yuckleupagus' in that one.)

One of my favorites was when Snuffy was playing hide-and-seek with Slimey, and Oscar had Slimey hide in Snuffy's fun and he wanted Snuffy to get angry for that, but he just found it funny.

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
Also there was one when Snuffy does another expirement. He tests out a Big Huge Horseshoe Magnet on Oscar's Can, and Oscar's can flys through the air and connects to the huge Magnet.

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
There was also an Ernie and Bert skit from 1983 or so when Ernie sees Snuffy and is in the apartment telling Bert about it. Bert doesn't believe him and Tells Ernie that it is ridiculous and there's no such thing as a Snuffleupagus, so Ernie leaves the apartment and Bert hears Big Bird out the window saying "Come on Mr. Snuffleupagus, let's go to the park" and Bert looks out the window and faints. This skit I think only aired once or twice.

Censored

Reaction score
And yet, on the old 70's album, "Havin' Fun With Ernie and Bert", Snuffy's voice can clearly be heard as a character who participates in a party game.

AmazingMumford

Reaction score
hooperdusty said:
I heard that Molly the Mail Lady actually saw Snuffy as well.

Dr. Nobel Price saw Snuffy in a 1983 episode.
Plus, in the "Marathon" episode, Forgetful Jones saw him.
Dr. Nobel Price didn't actually see Snuffy but Snuffy's cousin from Hawiai.