Oscar the Grouch and the Muppet Show

muppetmonster

Reaction score
I do not know where to put this, but I have a question. Oscar the Grouch bullies the muppets on "Sesame Street", but would he bully the muppets on "the Muppet Show"?

The reason I am asking this is because the muppets on the "Muppet Show" are more wisecracking, violent, and cynical and sarcastic. They have soft spots, too, but they are not as (and I want to use this term diplomatically) - "childish" as the "Sesame Street" muppets - they are more "insane".

I know Oscar the Grouch has gotten along with Telly Monster, Bert and Ernie (from what I have heard), even Big Bird; I do not know about the others (and other grouches do not count), but yeah. Oscar the Grouch would definitely also get along with Sam the Eagle or Statler and Waldorf.

This leads me into my next question: would Statler and Waldorf heckle the "Sesame Street" muppets, or Sam the Eagle for that matter? Since the "Sesame Street" muppets are more calm and even mature in some aspects.

Thanks.

Muppetmonster

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hi muppetmonster. This is an interesting question and I shall think about it and discuss this with you often. It is quite intriguing to ponder but as an immediate thought I can't honestly imagine Sam the Eagle getting along with Little Jerry and the Monotones or any other Rock bands from Sesame Street in my opinion. His taste is in classical culture, not rock and roll of any kind I'm sure.
I'll be back to discuss some more.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, the Sesame Street muppet are there own brand of crazy! But not as much as they use to be. But Big bird and and co. used to be be out of there minds! Jim and 'them used to resort to compleat and euttor chaos all the tme. It's was just a plain silly fun good time!:zany:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That is a good point William. Muppets are crazy in different ways. That's really what we love about them. But they interact with each other in different ways depending on their personal crazy chemistry.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I really like the chemistry and interactions between characters.

But you know, big Bird can brive sombody absolutly batty, but you know he doesn't mean it and he doesn't mean too. But you know Caroll plays a find line between a convinsing child and really haming it it up. He has practically perfected it!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Yeah. I think Fozzie Bear would get along well with Big Bird. As a perpetual 6 year old child I bet Big Bird would find Fozzie's terrible jokes hilarious. Young kids can see the funny side of the most extremely silly things:smile:

Skye

Reaction score
That's a really cute way to look at Big Bird and Fozzie, Marty, and I definitely agree. That would be cute to see those two together!

When I first read this thread, I couldn't stop thinking about Oscar and Miss Piggy together... oh, the chaos! :wink: This is a really interesting topic to think about though.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh yeah, Fozzie and Big bird would have great chemistry together, Marty!:smile:

Haha! I could just see Oscar giving Piggy a hard time! That would be so hilarious, honey!:big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
This leads me into my next question: would Statler and Waldorf heckle the "Sesame Street" muppets, or Sam the Eagle for that matter? Since the "Sesame Street" muppets are more calm and even mature in some aspects.

Thanks.

Muppetmonster
In direct answer to your next question Muppetmonster I can't really see Statler and Waldorf heckling anyone from Sesame Street overly much except maybe Don Music. I can easily imagine them insulting and ribbing him while trying to compose one of his piano pieces that he'd bang his head on the keyboard every 10 or even 5 seconds.:big_grin:

Poor old Don.:sympathy:

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Oscar as a guest on a Muppet show

Now that would ber interesting I seem to remeber an ep of Muppets Tonight where the song "I Love Trash" was featured with actual singing trash bags, so it's not too far-fetched an idea, but let's see what the grouch himself thinks.

NO NIEN NYET NON NO!!!!:grouchy:

Uh I think that was no in English, German, Russian French and Spanish. So I don't think he's willing to do it, good idea though,