Oscar and Moishe Oofnik at Israel's 60th Birthday Celebration, Washington DC

Taco Wiz

Reaction score
Was anybody else at the Israel's 60th Birthday festival in Washington DC last week? Caroll Spinney appeared as Oscar the Grouch, and did a short performance with a red grouch that I think might be from Shalom Sesame. Anyway, there was a security guard blocking the stage, but eventually Caroll came out and did a Meet-and-Greet thing with the fans. He let me pet his Oscar puppet on the head. When you rub a muppet on the head, your life is complete.

Drtooth

Reaction score
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Moishe_Oofnik

If he looked like that, it was Moishe.

Anyway, It's great to see Muppets as culturally and politically relevant like that. I wish more people would see this as a peace loving gesture, and not spit all over Israel's birthday cake.

Taco Wiz

Reaction score
I see that you're talking about the Palestinians and the Muslims.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see that you're talking about the Palestinians and the Muslims.
Something I don't want to delve into too far.

For the record, I denounce the zealotry on both sides (on the Militiristic part of the Israelis, and the highly UnIslamic actions of the Palistinians). I really believe if they somehow found a way to stop the *** for tat, childish "He Started it" type violence, they can eiother get along, or do what people in the US do. Wear phoney smiles and exchange false pleasantries to their faces, and then say nasty things behind their back, provided it doesn't get back to them.

I bellieve in Jim's ideals. Anyone can live in peace. Some people just don't want to.