Oops - Hot Glue on Black Felt?

MsMuppet

Reaction score
Hi all!
Last night my husband & I started our first ever puppet thanks to the Puppet Project's Glorified Sock Puppet pattern.

I accidentally got some hot glue on his black felt mouth. It dried before I noticed. :frown: My first thought was perhaps I could use a black sharpie to color in the spot but I don't want to make it worse.

The glue is in the crease of his mouth & isn't noticeable unless his mouth is wide open.

So, leave him be or try a remedy?

Thanks!

pileobunnies

Reaction score
I'd try the glue on some discarded felt and marker that before trying it on the real puppet, but I've Sharpied over a different type of glue a number of times on my puppets and it has worked like a charm. I find it's better to fix it even if no one will ever see just because *I* know it's there and *I* will keep thinking about it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, try the sharpie remedy, it does a passable job at covering the mistake.

MsMuppet

Reaction score
I'd try the glue on some discarded felt and marker that before trying it on the real puppet, but I've Sharpied over a different type of glue a number of times on my puppets and it has worked like a charm. I find it's better to fix it even if no one will ever see just because *I* know it's there and *I* will keep thinking about it.
That's a good idea; thank you!

Yes, I'm the same way - it's not *that* bad but I keep thinking about it! Haha!