1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

One thing that annoyed me in "The Muppets"

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by SSLFan, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have no respect for that film, and I think Disney did right by cleansing it's existence in the movie.

Or better yet, kill the pointless overhead establishing shot all together, and put one of the superior deleted sequences back in.
  2. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I understand and respect your opinion. I really didn't want any movie publicity in the film, but I did enjoy it more than Cars 2 is all I'm saying.
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  3. Drtooth

Even then, one billboard. I'm sure if Disney made the movie themselves without Jason and the rest making sure it's the film they wanted to make, ALL the guest stars would be tween pop divas that would be replaced by new ones by the time the DVD came out.

Of course, if there's one thing Disney SHOULD have cross promoted and/or referenced in the movie, and we can all agree to it...

This guy:

[​IMG]
    galagr, Walter and Slackbot like this.
  4. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

You're right, DrTooth. They should have referenced Max Goof!
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  5. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Gnemo and Juliet another film that should just sit in the dollar bins at Walmart.
    Drtooth likes this.
  6. Dominicboo1

I actually enjoyed Gnomeo, but I admit it's no masterpiece.
  7. Rowlfy

Rowlfy Member

Personally, I didn't think it was a great movie in general. IT was an even WORSE Muppet movie. Meep. It was............decent.
  8. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Well, everybody's entitled to their own opinion. Personally, I think the movie was very good overall, but it did have a few flaws.
  9. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Not REALLY, we LOVE that movie (and ALOT of the Disney fan community does too, you'd be VERY suprised!) Remember Disney back in the day for the LOOOOoooooNGEST time did the same thing (pretending the movie didnt exist for a wile anyhow) with "The Nightmare before Christmas".
  10. Pinkflower7783

Don't all movies have flaws? I have yet to see a perfect movie yet but it brought me back as a fan and heck it was the first Muppet movie I was actually able to see for the FIRST time on the big screen. I never saw MCC or MTI in theaters because I sort of grew out of them. I never saw the first two Muppet movies cause I wasn't even born yet. And I was only a year old when MTM opened so this movie was a really big deal for me. I was like a kid in a candy store the day it came out because I was so excited to see The Muppets for the first time on the silver screen. :)

But to get this thread back on subject this wasn't really an annoyance for me but I was kind of hoping Piggy would've stuck up to Tex Richman just like she did with Rachel Bitterman in VMMC. But then again this movie was suppose to be more serious then comedic so I guess that might've taken away from it but still would've been pretty funny to see. :mad:
  11. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i honestly didnt mind the cars poster
  12. Pinkflower7783

Except this is not really a Disney fan community it's a Muppets community. Big difference.
  13. Pinkflower7783

Any flaws that I saw in this movie for me personally were really, really, and I mean really, minor though. All in all I absolutely loved this movie and enjoyed every min of it. Hadn't had that feeling about a Muppet movie in a long time.
  14. Dominicboo1

Bitterman directly insulted her which may have insulted her more than taking the theater.
  15. Drtooth

There's so much backstage drama about the film that irks me. Basically, they just wanted to make their own Toy Story with Lawn Gnomes instead of toys.... and by making "another Toy Story," I mean the "things that come to life when no one's looking" aspect. John Lassiter shot it down, clearly disgusted by it (as he's in control of Disney animation), but they made it anyway and released it as a side venture. And it was released as a contractual obligation, dumped into the "who cares, maybe it will get some vacation bucks" mid winter season where it made vacation money. Now they sort of pretend to care about it to an extent. But it was given a pretty big cold shoulder.

But come on... if the billboard was that, we'd have a LOT more complaints. At least Cars is a money making toyetic franchise 5-7 year old boys love.
  16. Pinkflower7783

Still was hoping she would've just snapped of not being able to take it anymore but like I said it would've taken away from the seriousness of the film anyways.
  17. Pinkflower7783

Personally I was never paying attention to the billboards to begin with. Like I said I never noticed it till my second time seeing the film. And to me it was a very minor annoyance. It wasn't one I felt needed to have a whole thread about. Which no offense to the OP. But I wasn't surprised seeing it there.

As for Gnomeo and Juliet I didn't even know that was a Disney film till I saw the DVD release. I thought it was put out by Dreamworks or something.
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I don't really care that the Cars 2 sign was there, whenever I watch it with someone, the response is, "Hey! Cars 2!" and I don't mind that..I'm not complaining about a billboard, if you'd be complaining about this, then you should also be complaining when people went, "Hey! Sheldon!!" during the Man or Muppet scene.
    I just think the Cars 2 sign should have had Punch Teacher on it instead, there is a Punch Teacher sign later on in the movie, but most people didn't notice it (I on;y noticed it my second time)
  19. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Duhhhhhhhh!
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  20. Pinkflower7783

Okaaaaaaaay...anyways..."Moving Right Along" As for the Sheldon scene thank god no one did that both times I went to see it! Of course both times I went it it was really late so I didn't have to really deal with annoying people. Except for this one couple who kept laughing every 5 mins even the serious parts. Oi!!! ><