One Shots, Parodies, & Trailers!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I love that idea! :big_grin:

Maybe the villian stole the new Bunsen&Beaker time machine...
That idea did come to me, in both that Bunsen and Beaker would be the ones that could figure out how to get everyone back to their own timeline and then some part of me went, "what if they had unknowingly given said device to the villain?"

Gonna chew on that thought...

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Okay, so I have a basic outline of this fic now!

And I've decided to include everything but the kitchen sink in this. Hopefully, as the idea still lives within my head, I'll write this down and actually have something for you once these other stories are finished.

And yes, new MPP tomorrow!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
So guess what? Yes, yes, Gina has more ideas. Surprised?

:rolleyes:

Didn't think so.

:boo: So what's it this time?

Well, it all started one day when one of my roommates and I stumbled across Oprah's Next Chapter with Lady Gaga, which - even if you aren't a fan - you'll find it and the Mother Monster, a really good and insightful interview.

Ever since then, I've been trying to think if our favorite felt foils ever met with Miss O and could not come up with anything. So you can then imagine the very persistent concept this started. A few weeks go by and suddenly, after coming across the one with Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka, the idea came back.

Long story short...

:mad: Too late.

Here is the NEWEST idea from my brain -

Muppet Week on Oprah's Next Chapter.

If you don't know what Oprah's Next Chapter is, it's basically the Barbara Walters special, but done by Oprah. Oprah travels to the home, usually, of whoever she is interviewing and she gets the deep questions and all that. You can check out some of the interviews she's done on YouTube. For this idea, I'm going this way -

Five part series: The Muppets

Part I: Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy - Oprah talks to the power couple about being both a professional and romantic couple, their relationship overall, the huge Muppet split, and where they are now.

Part II: Fozzie Bear - kinda unsure about this when I think about it; is Fozzie the type of guy to do such an indepth interview? The toss would then be with Rowlf, but it would seem weird not to have the bear. Thoughts?

Part III: The Great Gonzo - Oprah sits down with the prince of performing arts to ask about his past, his present, and his future.

Part IV: Scooter Grosse - probably a tie in with Scooter's story, that I haven't been working on, as well as Pool Hall; Oprah talks with the stage manager on his past tragedies, how he views the Muppets, and his success in business & technology.

Part V: The Muppets - sitting down with the power couple, the comic/pianist, the stunt weirdo, and the stage manager, Oprah asks how the troupe got together, whether they have an off switch, and how they feel about the others.

Obviously, this would be in like transcript form, most like. Haven't decided yet. Thoughts?

Misskermie

Reaction score
:smile: :mad: 1. YES. ABSOLUTELY YES. Kermit and Miss Piggy FOR THE WIN! *ahem* sorry about that. :stick_out_tongue:

:embarrassed: 2. Well, you could do a Fozzie and Rowlf thing, although, Fozzie CAN be an indepth character if you ask him the right questions. *shrugs* What do I know? I'm 14. :stick_out_tongue:

:concern: 3. THAT will be very interesting. All I say. :smile:

:wink: 4. ... Scooter's awesome. :stick_out_tongue:

:smile: :mad: :embarrassed: :sympathy: :concern: :wink:
5. Wow. They can be in the same room together? :big_grin:

What about Bunsen and Beaker.
I just want them to be a power couple too. Don't judge me.
I REGRET NOTHING!

ANYWAY! Cool stuff. :stick_out_tongue:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
:smile: :mad: 1. YES. ABSOLUTELY YES. Kermit and Miss Piggy FOR THE WIN! *ahem* sorry about that. :stick_out_tongue:
Yeah, their interview keeps running through my head. I so took a Next Chapter wiki walk earlier and decided, fine. And started their interview and remembered why I hate doing script form.

:embarrassed: 2. Well, you could do a Fozzie and Rowlf thing, although, Fozzie CAN be an indepth character if you ask him the right questions. *shrugs* What do I know? I'm 14. :stick_out_tongue:
Well, the original idea had Fozzie in it, but then the more I watched the show, I started thinking that maybe he wouldn't be the right choice for something indepth, but I'll have to play with his for a bit.

And you're 14?? Shut. The. Front. Door. You are not!

:concern: 3. THAT will be very interesting. All I say. :smile:
Gonzo's I'm actually looking forward to. I definitely plan on asking Slackbot if I can borrow some of her great ideas she's done for Gonzo, to keep in a fanon sorta style. And it is Oprah, so expect him to be asked about his playboy ways and days and what his true feelings are for our one true diva.

:wink: 4. ... Scooter's awesome. :stick_out_tongue:
Yes he is. This one is kinda cheating because it will probably incorporate stuff from his story that I just haven't gotten to yet and maybe it's one of those stories where, I need to put stuff out and explain it much much later.

:smile: :mad: :embarrassed: :sympathy: :concern: :wink:
5. Wow. They can be in the same room together? :big_grin:

What about Bunsen and Beaker.
I just want them to be a power couple too. Don't judge me.
I REGRET NOTHING!

ANYWAY! Cool stuff. :stick_out_tongue:
Well, I'm going with the concept that the Muppets are real. Personally, while I know that there are actual people who are working them and they aren't people, it's still the mystique that I grew up with and like to keep. It's like - I know Big Bird was Carroll Spinney, but when I see Big Bird, I see Big Bird. I see the kid who helped me and generations of others the alphabet, numbers, and that it was perfectly okay to have an imaginary friend.

When I see the Muppets, they're the Muppets and I don't think I could ever see them as just...imaginary characters that are an extension of their performer. It was like when I found out the voice of Bart Simpson was a woman. It did not compute!

Bunsen and Beakie are not in this particular episodes, but the way my thoughts are, Oprah will definitely ask about the Muppets as a group.

While I kinda want this to be funny, again it's Oprah Unplugged and it'll probably be pretty deep. If you're following my Monday series, it's like that cause apparently I foresaw this moment coming.

And speaking of which - 1. why has this not been done? why? and 2. Has anyone read Kermit's Before You Leap? Or any of the many authored books? It's just like Oprah to have read these and then bring them up and seeing as I haven't read them, kinda need to know if there's anything important in there I should know.

Right now I have it on my Amazon wish list, but it's part one that I'm obviously interested in.

This of course isn't gonna be coming to you soon. Sawry, but I will post like tidbits or something when I get into deeper stuff, k?

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Well there's no difference from myself much. I am 21! If you think I'm older than Jaz, then again, I don't care about how old I am. I care that I am a girl just like Jaz.

Otherwise the Orpah section w/ the Muppets sounds like the stories might be serious. If it's a trailer, then it's probably a work-in progress.