One Good Reason to Watch the Super Bowl

Ryan

Reaction score
Be sure to watch the superbowl tonight. HotJobs.com is doing a commercial for their company using people singing "Rainbow Connection". Also, look out for a hillarious new Osbournes commercial for Pepsi Twist. Well, there's 2 good reasons.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Rainbow Connection? Really? Neat. Whether I want to or not, I'm going to end up watching the Superbowl. Dad loves football. Can't stand it unless I'm playing it! (I am not gay) So, I'll be watching it. I'd rather be watching Malcolm in the Middle and Simpsons though!

#*(%$#$(^NFDBN??>?#<$QT?AG<$@?>MTPB#@"%^$)**)%&%$)EQTG>?TN %#{)%$_"!%^+!*_%^@)+~%+$#*!_%U#:NG:V??":big_grin:{PHTRMN%YH$^_J:%$?&&^&?%^"%L^"$<%^"^@"?>><%?"%""??^%<!?$_$&%$&^)#$%*^_)!$&^

Football! Cancel my shows!
:big_grin:

Hehe! JK.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I'm glad they aren't showing it on Cartoon Network. I've still got my good ol' Popeye Show at 7:30. :big_grin:

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
wow that was weak. that was a good rendition of the song, the people sang well. but it was a pretty stupid commercial. it had no point to it. it was really random...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw it...I agree with RockStarGirl. I think the song was misplaced in the commercial. They used the song more as a ploy to stimulate the nostalgic thinking in people, rather than having the song connect to the company and its offered services. So, yay for the Rainbow Connection being back out on the airwaves, boo for HotJobs.com's commercial. :smile:

-Matt

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I thought the reason for using the song was that all these people were thinking about the jobs and the better lives they could have. I guess they really didn't make that clear at all.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Chris - Yeah I'm sure it was, but the way it was presented was a bit too vague for the true meaning to be fully understood. I mean, it was just a bunch of people in what seemed to be workplaces. That leaves many conclusions to be drawn. If it was me, I would have had the various people reading like "Help Wanted" ads or circling job listings in the newspaper. That would have emphisized the point of the services offered by HotJobs.com.

Do I overanalyze commercials? When something Muppety is involved, you bet your socks I do. :smile:

-Matt

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
As a side note, AOL users can vote for their favorite Super Bowl ads. The ad is listed there. On the welcome screen with Ozzy, click "See Clips and Vote." The voting link is under the picture of the muddy people. Hot Jobs is like 7 down. It's currently tied for last place with 279 votes. The thing that bothers me about this is that AOL didn't capitolize Rainbow Connection. Its a song title darnit, it should be capped!!

I voted for the FedEx Desert Island commercial, by the way.

-Matt

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I agree with you Matt, I would have voted for the Castaway Fed Ex commercial too, but I don't have Aol. The Pepsi commercial with Ozzy Osburne was really funny also I thought.

Jake

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah, Rainbow Connection song on an advert, thats nice...but um, WHERE WAS the actual Muppet commercials? (Mastercard, etc)? Grrrrr...Oh well, least we got that sweet Matrix commercial!