On Writing Fan Fiction (Rules & Advice)

Redsonga

Reaction score
<3 Oh, Red, there's nothing much to say.
You're superb!
Aww, thank you! I'm afaid my fic might have too many songs in the end (about six, without counting reprise, and counting two already made FR songs as one )...Or is there such a thing as too many in fraggle fic ?*lol* Anyway, they are needed/meaningful for what it's worth :smile:.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
x) Songs are fun.
No matter how many of them!

:3 It's good to see creativity at work!

Redsonga

Reaction score
I've always thought of writing things for Disney but now I think someday maybe being a lyric writer for a Muppet-like production might be even better. I know I still have a lot to learn, but it helps to dream :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Let's see, I think my first tip about fanfic writing overall (I'm not saying I've always lived by this idea myself BTW, you should see some of my older stories) is:
When thinking outside the box about how a character will react to something new that was never covered in the series/show itself, be careful to keep them in character. Even when someone grows, unless something very scarring happens to change their outlook, they are basically the same person/animal/thing/whatever.

True emotion in a fandom story happens IMHO, when the fans that read it can see whatever you are writing actually being a real reaction of that character, even if it is a crazy/dramatic place you put them in :smile:

But seriously, if I see one more different world fanfic with author made characters who only have canon character names set in high school I will scream! :stick_out_tongue: :coy:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Very useful!
I use the dictionary ALOT!

<3 I love that site!
LOL!

-nerd- :stick_out_tongue:

Gold Demona

Reaction score
Thesaurus is a really helpful one, too. =)
Especially when you have characters with vocabularies that exceed the author's. =P
I go back and forth between Thesaurus and Dictionary all the time. ^^

http://www.thesaurus.com/

One thing, though. You can't just go ahead and use any random synonym you find. Just because two words mean the same thing doesn't mean they're used the same way. Make sure you know how the word is actually used before you go ahead and use it.