Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

BEAR

Reaction score
Medbe Monster, Sesame Workshop not going to have MadTV Sesame Street sketches on the Old School sets.

Medbe Monster

Reaction score
I know that, I was just posting what my dream SS Old School/Recent Episode Set would look like.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Here are my ideas (and this would continue w/ the 1969-74 era) Of course they should put more episodes from 1969-74, like the ones seen on Muppet Wiki.

Anyway...

The cover art: It would have a "psychadelic" backdrop/design, with Big Bird, Ernie and Bert looking at a TV with an "H" on it, Oscar (in his trashcan, a shot from "I Love Trash"), Cookie Monster, The Count with some numbers, Grover, flowers showing Bob, Gordon, Susan, Mr. Hooper; Snuffy, and there are the cartoons: Wanda the Witch, Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes, Racecars/spies, and so on.

For bonus features, it would be like this: On the DVD menu, you will see numerous characters on the street. Click on these characters and you'll get...

*Big Bird (lamppost):
(on the lamppost)
-"There Goes the Neighborhood" (documentary/feature about the phenomenon of SS---leading to fan bases, and other cool things, even some parodies. Think of this as "When SESAME STREET Ruled the World")
-Puzzles
-"How to Draw Sesame Street Characters"

*Cookie Monster (in window of 123 SS):
(inside Cookie's room)
-Commercial announcing Sesame Street (1969) (TV set)
-Fun facts (shown within a showcase of numerous clips from those years; like the "Muppet Morsels")

*Ernie and Bert (behind the railway of 123 SS):
(click on them and you will be taken into their apartment)
-Photo Gallery (clicking on the frame picture of them)
-Index of E/B sketches (on the TV set)

*Oscar (in [where else?] his trashcan):
(menu would be...INSIDE the can!)
-Test Pilot #1 (1969)
-Trivia Game
-JukeBox (listen to old SS record albums)

*Grover (next to fire hydrant)
(when you click on him, he changes into Super Grover and flies off into the camera, leading to the menu)
(menu would be in the sky)
-Matching Game (match characters in windows of 123)
-Around the World with Sesame Street (45-minute feature)
-Retrospect (interview with the cast and crew, both past and present. You can access this by clicking on Little Bird)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
Here are my ideas (and this would continue w/ the 1969-74 era) Of course they should put more episodes from 1969-74, like the ones seen on Muppet Wiki.

Anyway...

The cover art: It would have a "psychadelic" backdrop/design, with Big Bird, Ernie and Bert looking at a TV with an "H" on it, Oscar (in his trashcan, a shot from "I Love Trash"), Cookie Monster, The Count with some numbers, Grover, flowers showing Bob, Gordon, Susan, Mr. Hooper; Snuffy, and there are the cartoons: Wanda the Witch, Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes, Racecars/spies, and so on.

For bonus features, it would be like this: On the DVD menu, you will see numerous characters on the street. Click on these characters and you'll get...

*Big Bird (lamppost):
(on the lamppost)
-"There Goes the Neighborhood" (documentary/feature about the phenomenon of SS---leading to fan bases, and other cool things, even some parodies. Think of this as "When SESAME STREET Ruled the World")
-Puzzles
-"How to Draw Sesame Street Characters"

*Cookie Monster (in window of 123 SS):
(inside Cookie's room)
-Commercial announcing Sesame Street (1969) (TV set)
-Fun facts (shown within a showcase of numerous clips from those years; like the "Muppet Morsels")

*Ernie and Bert (behind the railway of 123 SS):
(click on them and you will be taken into their apartment)
-Photo Gallery (clicking on the frame picture of them)
-Index of E/B sketches (on the TV set)

*Oscar (in [where else?] his trashcan):
(menu would be...INSIDE the can!)
-Test Pilot #1 (1969)
-Trivia Game
-JukeBox (listen to old SS record albums)

*Grover (next to fire hydrant)
(when you click on him, he changes into Super Grover and flies off into the camera, leading to the menu)
(menu would be in the sky)
-Matching Game (match characters in windows of 123)
-Around the World with Sesame Street (45-minute feature)
-Retrospect (interview with the cast and crew, both past and present. You can access this by clicking on Little Bird)
That is a neat idea. Maybe it would be good to make a special featurette on the various characters, including both main characters and secondary/ obscure characters. I am thinking something like the "Cast of Thousands" featurette on Looney Tunes: Golden Collection Vol. 4, which had people talking about the more obscure characters.

It would also be nice to have such rare specials as Out to Lunch (this special wasn't included in either of The Electric Company sets; I hope that Sesame Workshop has the distribution rights to this special), Julie on Sesame Street, The Grover Monster/ Jean Marsh Cartoon Special, and Sesame Street at Night?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder how willing Sesame Workshop would be to get the rights to clips of Sesame Street parodies from other programs. And even if it's for an adult collectors DVD, I still wonder how willing Sesame Workshop would be to show them. Most Sesame Street parodies are innappropiate for children.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had an April Fools Joke planned regarding the second volume, but due to me not being able to wait much longer and due to the fact that it is similar to the April Fools joke that I pulled last year, I thought I'd reveal it now.

I was going to make a gag post on April Fools Day saying that I contacted Sesane Workshop and got hired freelance to help compile the contents on Old School Volume 2. And there were a few different things that I had considered.

1. I had considered saying that volume two was going to have six episodes instead of five, and would include epsiodes from the first six seasons. They would have been episodes 2, 179, 330, 514, 665, and 666. I was going to say that bonus features would include classic sketches from the first six seasons (including Song of Nine, Jazz #8, Rollercoaster 1!2!3!, Mad, Sesame Street News: Cinderella, Kermit and Grover count blocks, Sherlock Hemlock looks for Bert at the beach, and others). The first test pilot would also be included.

2. I thought of somethign that was similar to number 1, but it would be a dual-layer disc, with features on the back sides. Features would have included: Test Pilot #1 (for disc 1), Julie on Sesame Street (for disc 2), and Out to Lunch (for disc 3), in addition to classic cuts from each season.

3. I thought about saying that the collection would be a four-disc set, with three extra episodes, plus classic cuts and the first test pilot. But it would still be the first five seasons. Episodes would have been episodes 2, 20, 121, 132, 277, 315, 487, and 665.

4. I thought about saying that it would be a four-disc, dual-layered set, with 12 episodes, a test pilot, classic cuts, and the Sesame Street Unpaved documentary. It would focus on the first eight seasons. The episodes would have been episodes 2, 79, 140, 200, 377, 330, 427, 591, 666, 718, 780, and the season 8 premier (I can't remember what that number is).

I was also going to say that Sesame Workshop was working on another collection of box sets, similar to Old School and Fun Packs. This one would be for multi-part episodes. The first set would be the hawiai episodes, and the secodn set would be the episodes where Big Bird went to camp.

Would have made a good april fools joke, eh?

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I wonder how willing Sesame Workshop would be to get the rights to clips of Sesame Street parodies from other programs. And even if it's for an adult collectors DVD, I still wonder how willing Sesame Workshop would be to show them. Most Sesame Street parodies are innappropiate for children.

Do you really think Sesame Workshop would release a DVD with parodies of their own characters in a negative light (ex: Bert and Ernie in a sexual relationship, Kermit on drugs, Big Bird being set on fire by Gordon)? I don't think so.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Do you really think Sesame Workshop would release a DVD with parodies of their own characters in a negative light (ex: Bert and Ernie in a sexual relationship, Kermit on drugs, Big Bird being set on fire by Gordon)? I don't think so.
No, I do not. I never said anything to support the idea, either. I jsut wondered alowed how likely it would be. I'd much rather see some official Sesame Street material on a collectors DVD set.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
No, I do not. I never said anything to support the idea, either. I jsut wondered alowed how likely it would be. I'd much rather see some official Sesame Street material on a collectors DVD set.

I see. No prob.