Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillKal

Reaction score
I'll probably buy it anyways no matter what's on it.

As long as there's no Elmo on it and it's not just short little clips where it gets interrupted (ie. like the Best of Johnny Carson/Tonight Show DVDs) I'll buy it.

Ziffel

Reaction score
I'm sure I'll buy it too but I haven't yet pre-oredered it. I'm surprised that we still don't have any details (other than what we can surmise from titles like "Old School" and now "First Fiv" for the dvd set, and the running time being 300 minutes). I would think for a product scheduled for release Oct. 24th that they would want to clearly spell out what it consists of. I would think that would cause pre-order sales to increase all the more. Perhaps it will end up getting pushed back a few months as some have wondered. But I'm sure whatever the content is it WILL be all classic SS and it WILL be released and for that I am happy. I plan on not only ordering it for myself but also for my niece for Christmas. She's only a year and a half but soon she'll be at the age where she can comprehend, enjoy, and appreciate them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I know that some of us have been able to e-mail/ contact Sesame Workshop. I have tried e-mailing SW a few times but every time I have, I get a response saying that the e-mail is not available at that time, or something like that. I think a few other members have mentioned this happening to them, too. But if anyone can get ahold of SW, it would be great to ask what the set is supposed to be.

ssetta

Reaction score

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I like that they used a classic picture for the cover and design, and dubbing it "Old School"--how appropriate!. I figured that they'd most likely use the season premieres since it showed how the series evolved. What I'm hoping for is that there will also be a "skit compilation" for each season in addition to the episode--a sort of "best of" grouping. In my opinion, that would make a great DVD set--5 disks, one episode on each, a compilation per disc, a brief description on how the show has evolved/supporting characters and educational concepts, as well as some bonus features spread throughout.

How about that--a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, not quite.

:excited: :excited: :excited:

chpoof

Reaction score
Thanks, Fozzie Bear. :smile: Well, little by little it looks like we're getting glimpses into what will finally appear on this box set. As long as the debut episode is included in its entirety, I'll be a happy camper. Everything else is just icing on the cake. :excited:

I must admit I'm still baffled why there's no press release on this yet though. I visit Sesame Workshop's home page almost daily, and so far there's no mention of it yet.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
That confirms what I saw on another site selling this. However I was hoping it was wrong as I'd much rather have the first five episodes. But this could still work out, as Vol. 1 indicates we could get more episodes from the first five seasons.

mjb1124

Reaction score
Or it could mean that we'll see seasons 6-10 on Vol. 2, seasons 11-15 on Vol. 3, and so forth. I wouldn't protest to that.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I hope to see the Kermit/Rowlf discussion pitch about the title of the show.

If they do the same that they did for The Electric Company, there should be 4 - 6 full episodes per DVD with a special "documentary" short with tidbits of information about the show and actors between each episode. I liked the way that they also included the original endings of the show, too, so I hope to see all the old stuff from Sesame!

Status
Not open for further replies.