Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zhelder

Reaction score
I'd like to see a 6 disc set, even though it's unlikely. Discs 1-5 should contain a sampling of complete uncut episodes from the first 5 seasons, perhaps 4 episodes per disc. (I'd like to see 6 episodes per disc, but that may compress the vidoe quality too much.) One disc could contain the season premiere for each season, two epiosdes from the middle of the season, and the season finale. Disc 6 should be a bonus disc, with odds and ends, preferably obscure stuff. Here's what I'd like to see on the bonus disc:

Two Complete Test Pilot Episodes (Maybe #1 and #5)

A bunch of the animated intros from the first 5 seasons

Complete Baker Series, including the ultra rare #1

Complete Jazzy Spies Series

Complete Mad Painter Series

For lack of a better term, the 1971 number animations: Fiddler #2-6, Alligator King #7, Candy Man #8, Martian Beauty #9, Ten Tiny Turtles #10, Lovely Eleven Morning #11, and Ladybug's Picnic #12. Toss #11 Cheer in here too.

Complete series of the first season animated letter segments

As many Roosevelt Franklin sketches as they could possibly fit

A selection of classic Muppet New Flash segments

A selection of classic Guy Smiley game show segments

A selection of classic Bert & Ernie sketches

Some obscure class films, sketches, and animations: I'd like to see Milk Crisis, Appalachian Mailman, the girl who builds a stool, the sketch for the number 5 featuing the numbers and geometric shapes on the orange background (they haven't shown this one in at least 25 years!) and the 1-20 counting live action counting sketch with the gorilla.

And of course, commentary for everything would be lovely, but it doesn't seem likely.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If this is actually the first five episodes, then since the first season episodes were sponsored by three letters and two number,s htne, assuming that no letters or numbers were repeated in the first week, the set would have skits for 15 different letters and 10 different numbers. I hope that the first week didn't repeat any number, because if numbers weren't repeated, nine would be a sponsor, and we might be able to have the Baker film for nine and finally see Rowlf's appearance on Sesame Street.

It would be interesting to see the first season closing credits, and it would be interesting to see if there were any recurring characters in the first season that nobody here knows about. I wonder if Grover, Lefty, Proffessor Hastings, Guy Smile, Betty Lou or the Sesame Street version of Beautiful Day Monster debuted sometime during the first week.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Important episodes should be shown in its entirety (first show, death of Mr. Hooper, Maria and Luis' wedding, when the adults met Snuffy), but show the best of the best in skit forms (Casey McPhee is the first REAL music video--so, CTW beat Mtv by YEARS)!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One idea that would be good would be to have one episode from each of the first five seasons, and then a newly-created hour compilation of skits from the first five years.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Maybe have the premiere episode for the first five years. So the 1st season premiere, the 2nd season premiere and so on.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
One idea that would be good would be to have one episode from each of the first five seasons, and then a newly-created hour compilation of skits from the first five years.
I would like to talk more about this idea. For this, there could be one episode from eahc of the first five seasons, maybe they can be randomly chosen, maybe they can have some significance (I just hope that the first episode is included). Then, there could be an hour-long compilation of just skits, with no linking footage, with a number of skits from each season. When deciding on these clips, it could be determined which season has the most presence on the set (probably the first season, as all skits from that season couldn't debut in a previous season) and which one has the least (obviously the fifth season, as there wouldn't be any more episodes form other seasons to include, so only the fifth season episode would have fifth season sketches), and then determine the percent of presence that each season in the set has, and then when compiling clips for the compilation, make the skits in reverse presence, so most of the skits would be from the fifth season, and the least of them would be from the first season, and so on for the other seasons.

ssetta

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Important episodes should be shown in its entirety (first show, death of Mr. Hooper, Maria and Luis' wedding, when the adults met Snuffy), but show the best of the best in skit forms (Casey McPhee is the first REAL music video--so, CTW beat Mtv by YEARS)!
What about all those Little Jerry songs? And remember Count it Higher?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
so ANY cover art or disc art out yet?! :confused: :smirk: I'm sOOOooo gonna buy this set along with Fraggle Rock S2. if any post the link i wana see it so bad! :stick_out_tongue:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop (or Sony Wonder) should get organized and put out a press release about the set. Or perhaps release some cover art or reveal whether there will be any special features. Oh, and make a confirmation about whether the set is the first five years or first five episodes (somebody says that Amazon cut-off the title..... have any of us thought about writing to Amazon and asking which this is going to be?).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If this set features the first five season premiers, then it would mean that Herbert Birdsfoot, Sam the Robot, and Rodeo Rosie will have made their DVD debuts, and Roosevelt Franklin and Sherlock Hemlock would have their speaking-parts-on-DVD debut.

Of course, if it is first five season premiers, it could still be titled The First Five Years, since the first five premiers were in the first five years. If this set is for the first five years, then I hope that Sesame Workshop puts out one episode from each season. Two or three episodes from season one would be great, but then that would mean that one or more of the other seasons (out of the first five) would be left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.