Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

What would you rather see on the Nostalgia Sesame Street box set?

• Complete, uncut episodes

Votes: 59 46.1%
  • Compilations of the best skits

Votes: 28 21.9%
  • A combination of a few complete episodes and bonus skits

Votes: 41 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssetta

Reaction score
I have actually heard various things about this box set. I actually saw a listing for it on Amazon, but the title of it was "Sesame Street Nostalgia: First Fiv" and then the rest was cut off. And then it said that it was 300 minutes long. So, at first, I thought it was going to be the complete first 5 episodes. But then it made more sense that it would be highlights from the first 5 seasons. But then I asked Vicki Levy about this (she's a music production assistant for Sesame Street), and she was told that it was going to be the complete first 5 episodes. So, can you tell me where you got this?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Questions about the nostaligia box-set...

1. Does anyone know what exactly it will have (actual episodes, or bits and pieces of episodes, or various skits and sketches)?
2. Will there be any special features?
3. Will this turn out be part of a series of volume sets?

Barry Lee

Reaction score
1. No
2. No
3. I think they are testing to see if it works first.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
If you go to the SS Merchandise section there's a thread about this.
Sorry, that's one of the boards I never visit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ssetta said:
I have actually heard various things about this box set. I actually saw a listing for it on Amazon, but the title of it was "Sesame Street Nostalgia: First Fiv" and then the rest was cut off. And then it said that it was 300 minutes long. So, at first, I thought it was going to be the complete first 5 episodes. But then it made more sense that it would be highlights from the first 5 seasons. But then I asked Vicki Levy about this (she's a music production assistant for Sesame Street), and she was told that it was going to be the complete first 5 episodes. So, can you tell me where you got this?
That is awesome! We'll finally know what was on episodes 2-5. Sweet! Though it is a shame that we won't be seeing Roosevelt Franklin, Herbert Birdsfoot, or Mr. Snuffleupagus when he was imaginary.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There haven't been any confirmed announcements regarding whetehr there will be special features. However, in one of the posts about this set, somebody mentioned hearing from somebody who works on the show who confirmed that the set will have the first five episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
By the way, if esame Workshop decides to make more Nostalgia box sets, I wonder if SW will continue by having volume two be episodes 6-10, then have volume 3 be episodes 11-15, and so on, or if more volumes would be themed differently, such as including multi-part episodes in a set (perhaps the Hawia episodes, though those were six episodes and not five).

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would love to see more of these to come. I hope to see all the seasons as in volumes to come. I can't wait to watch the second through fifth episode of Sesame Street back in the first season. :grouchy: :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

ssetta

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
That is awesome! We'll finally know what was on episodes 2-5. Sweet! Though it is a shame that we won't be seeing Roosevelt Franklin, Herbert Birdsfoot, or Mr. Snuffleupagus when he was imaginary.
Okay, but see, we're not 100% sure, so please don't quote me on this. I mean, maybe it WILL be the First Five years. See, I would like to know where that was thought of. But then again, if it IS the first five episodes, there is one thing that we would get to see that many of us have never seen before. That is...the VERY FIRST CREDITS!! The Friday credits, that is. I would really love to see how the credits were done in Season 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.