Old School Jim Henson Fans!!!!!

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
Disney does seem like they have very little direction with the muppets. If its true that Disney is just in it for the money, they surely did miss a good opportunity to cash in. Kermits 50th anniversary and they did so little with it. They could have done so much more.

Robin

Reaction score
they aren't doing much with the Muppets... and thats about that...:concern:

puppetise

Reaction score
hmm i bet Henson’s sitting up there in heaven or were ever you go when you pass shouting trying to get the attention of others and i believe Robin is hearing him loud and clear i to dislike the way Disney has treated the Muppets and there fans I believe Disney focuses on money a bit to much Jim wasn’t in it for the money he was in it to live his dream of bringing happiness to the world and brining people together and more importantly having fun! but Disney overlooked jims passion and just chuck the Muppets aside and out of the way and the only thing there getting from fans is disappointment by canceling things after peoples have long awaited for them and releasing dodgy products now im a fan of Disney but not in the sense of there corporate side more on the Mickey mouse toons and stuff... what i think should happen is Henson family should get back the Muppets and try to combine with the WB (Warner Bros) and then see how they stand

Ps: I think that robin has started a great topic and he is a legend

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I think Henson should just get back the Muppets. At least they'd know what to do with them.

Tim

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about THAT-remember "Muppet Tonight"? EEeew!

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I liked Muppets Tonight...sure, it was no Muppet Show, but I really doubt anyone could ever pull off anything like The Muppet Show ever again. In the history of ever.

Robin

Reaction score
The point is, at this point the Henson Company wants to move on to other projects and they have little control if any with the Muppets now... The current group of puppeteers seem to lack leadership... Disney seems to doubt the Muppet brand... I'm livid over the fact that Kermits 50th was ignored by Disney!!! Not Mickey Mouse (that was huge)!!! For pete's sake an hour documentary on the evolution of Kermit would have been great... or a live show reuniting muppets, celebs, anything! But what did we get? Nothing!!!! and that is a HUGE insult to the legacy of Jim Henson!!! WHAT IS GOING ON DISNEY CO? You may not care much about the Muppets... WE DO!!!! This additude I'm sharing is due to the fact that i would fight to save a loved one! I love the Muppets!!! The Muppets were a labor of love... Now it's Disney's red headed step child! Locked in a barn with bread and water!!! LOL!!!! I'm getting carried away here!:grouchy:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
The problem is, main contributors like Frank Oz decided to start to distance themselves away from The Muppets soon after Jim died. There is so much amazing stuff that has been recorded and archived from before 1990 that needs to be dusted off and shown to the fans. We are all aware that the Muppet Christmas Carol was a pretty good attempt at a Muppet movie but apart from that, pretty much everything else has been a flop. The performers have either left, died or just don't have the heart anymore. If Disney really do want to do something right, they need to look back at the old stuff, the unreleased or rarely seen shows like Little Muppet Monsters of anything from Saturday Night Live, outtakes, how many rolls of film do they have of stuff that didn't make it to the final cut?, and all the documentaries about the original Muppet movies. There is enough pre-Disney audio and video to keep us happy for years if only Disney would find time to go through it and release it!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Kermit's 50th Anniversary was pretty much doomed from the start anyway. Most of the original Muppet performers have left and Disney would have real trouble getting them all back together again. When Jim died, he took the heart of The Muppets with him. I think the people closest to him have realised that and that's why they have all distanced themselves away from it now. Even Brian selling the rights, is there a chance he knew that the Muppets had lost their way? It can't be coincidence that so many of the front runners while Jim was alive have since departed.