Old Nickelodeon

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
My memory was right. Rugrats was tossed into the Nick Jr. block a few times. Either that, or somebody forgot to change logos.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I mean, the show's about babies, and Nick Jr. is for preschoolers. That's why the show started shifting to a younger demographic.

I've been watching that series on The Splat and found it more enjoyable than I remembered, but I feel that series is way overrated. KC's best series was AAAH Real Monsters, I think. That's the only one that actually got into a fuller fantasy mode than all the others.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I've been watching that series on The Splat and found it more enjoyable than I remembered, but I feel that series is way overrated.
Santo Bugito is another underrated show of theirs, as well. Unfortunately, it never lasted beyond 13 episodes as CBS was basically gutting its Saturday morning programming at the time. Had it ran on Nick like most of KC's other shows, it would have gotten a better chance.

KC's best series was AAAH Real Monsters, I think. That's the only one that actually got into a fuller fantasy mode than all the others.
And who can forget when they made a cameo on an episode of Rugrats long after their show ended? :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Meh.

Now, I get why they'd choose that show, as there aren't a lot of quality programs for adolescent girls out there, but Ginger is...kinda... low hanging fruit on the Nickelodeon tree. It was never really popular outside of a cult fanbase, it never sold the insane amount of merchandise (or was even merchandise period outside maybe of a Target exclusive stationary set) that any given other Nicktoon was.

Plus, like I said a hundred times by now, why revive an old Nicktoon when you barely give any play to the ones you have now? I liked how they had some of them Friday nights, but they seem to have all but abandoned that. FOP's new season (don't see why it needs another one, and I'm a HUGE FOP fan) at least gets that timeslot. I'm glad Alvin and the Chipmunks is successful as heck to the point it rivals Spongebob in daily marathons. But they care so much about their live action dreck sitcoms that even merchandising titan TMNT doesn't get the promotion of a single Game Shakers (which, had an ad run every commercial break during TMNT, BTW). And I want to see proof there's an audience for Ricky Dicky etc. It airs on Nicktoons and Teen Nick as well. The channel for cartoons, for crying out loud. The safe haven from the Crappy, Sucky, Yucky, and Turd type shows. It's all one liners, poo poo jokes, and adults falling into messy things while wearing stupid costumes.

Back to the point, there are much stronger Nicktoons to bring back. Some that got the rawest of deals like El Tigre or Catscratch. But because 20 somethings don't remember them fondly enough, no one's gonna do anything about them. And certainly Zim is deserving of a Teen Nick series, but I guess JV isn't going to bother with television animation ever again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They had a strange commercial for Super Bowl 50 week on Nicktoons. It had a lot of the old cartoons in it, and the Ninja Turtles and Spongebob side by side.

Have no idea what it's for (I doubt they're going to show football themed episodes of older shows on Nicktoons), but the older characters seem to be getting a lot of shout outs in it. Kinda bummed Harvey beaks wasn't put in there.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
They had a strange commercial for Super Bowl 50 week on Nicktoons. It had a lot of the old cartoons in it, and the Ninja Turtles and Spongebob side by side.

Have no idea what it's for (I doubt they're going to show football themed episodes of older shows on Nicktoons), but the older characters seem to be getting a lot of shout outs in it. Kinda bummed Harvey beaks wasn't put in there.
God,this is frustrating. I hate the way the network treats Harvey Beaks,it's probably the best written show on the channel right now. I don't know why they constantly buy shows but they never promote them or show them on tv.
It makes me so mad! If they didn't flipping care about Harvey they should've just sold it to Disney,because at least Disney actually values their own gosh darn cartoons!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
As I've said a million times by now, Nick cares more about its awful live action line up. if it wasn't for Spongebob, Alvin, and the weekly single episode of Turtles (despite the huge amount of merch that constantly sells well), they wouldn't have any cartoons on the line up that weren't Nick Jr. Cash Cows. But that's neither here nor there about this.

I just find it odd that they ran such an ad featuring 90's Nicktoons characters (technically Spongebob and FOP are 90's-ish shows) hob nobbing with current ones. But it's great to see Leonardo and Invader Zim in the same frame.