"Okay, rinse."...A "Gilda Construction" story

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hi. For those of you who read my previous posts about the Gilda Radner statue I built, and for you Bill Cosby fans out there, you're going to get a kick out of this.

Well first, let me mention that while I took photographs of the statue in progress for Michael Radner, I also took videotape of what I was doing. I set up the camcorder as I sculpted, painted, sanded and "Dremmel-ed" (you know, those drill-like tools) on the statue.

Well, here comes the Bill Cosby part. Some of you might remember his "Dentist" routine. Cosby plays both himself and his dentist. After the dentist gives Cosby "The needle to deaden the pain" (Cosby holds his hands about a foot apart) Cosby sounds like Mushmouth from Fat Albert. (Saying 'okay' sounds like "obuh-kaybee") kind of like a variation of the Gungan language. Here's part of that routine:

Cosby: Now, he starts to drill..prrrprrrprrrrrrrrpRRRRRRrrrrrrr...and you see and smell SMOKE...coming out of your mouth! So you say "Wait a meebee..."

Dentist: "What's the matter?"

Cosby: "SMOBOKE!"

Dentist: "I beg your pardon?"

Cosby: "SMOBOKE, SMOBOKE, SMOBOKE!" (Mimes smoke coming out of his mouth with his hand) "There's sub smoboke that's cubbing outa my moubouth!"

Dentist: "I don't understand."

Cosby: "FIBER! Don't you understand the fiber? There's sub smoboke thabat's cubbing out because of the fiber! And my face is hanging on the floor!"

Dentist: "The fire?"

Cosby: "Yehbes!"

Dentist: "Where?"

Cosby: (sighs) "Nebermind, nebermind."

Cosby (narrating): Now he starts do drill and you hear him make a mistake....prrrrprrrrrprrrrrGWOMPH! (Cosby holds his hand on the side of his jaw) And to cover it up, they all say the same thing.

Dentist: "Okay, rinse."

Now what does all this have to do with Gilda? Well, it's just one of those things I thought of from time to time as I worked. As I mentioned before, I videotaped as I worked. Picture if you will, the torso of a mannequin with Gilda's face spackled over the original mannequin face (like a mask). The whole thing is lying on an old, red picnic table next to a garden. I turn on the Dremmel and as I sand down the neck with it, fine dust that looks like smoke comes out of the hardened Sculpey. And then I heard Bill's voice in my head: "Now he starts to drill...PrrrprrrrprrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrrr...and you see and smell SMOKE!"

And sure enough, a little later, I was "Dremmel-ing" more around the other side of Gilda's neck, when a chunk (that wasn't supposed to) broke off and went flying into the tomato plants. And Bill's voice popped into my head again: "Now he drills some more and you hear him make a mistake...prrrrprrrrrprrrrrGWOMPH!"

At that point, I turned off the Dremmel, looked out at the tomato plants, looked down at the new hole I would have to spackle up, and muttered "Okay, rinse."

It just seemed like the appropriate thing to say at the time, you know?

Convincing John

(Tune in again soon for another "Gilda Construction" story!) :smile:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! (As they say, "ROTFL"!!!!!!!) That story SOOOOO made up for a crappy, CRAPPY day!!!!!!!! I LOVE that routine!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :big_grin:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Manda:-D said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! (As they say, "ROTFL"!!!!!!!) That story SOOOOO made up for a crappy, CRAPPY day!!!!!!!! I LOVE that routine!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :big_grin:

Heh heh :smile: If you liked that story, my next one's even better! :excited: I'm glad I brightened your day! :big_grin:

Convincing John