OK Go and The Muppets Music Video: The Muppet Show Theme

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, that was rather extrordinary. While the Weezer video in 2002 was kind of so so to me, this has completely blown me away. I like it even better than the Bohemian Rhapsody one. Ok Go is pretty much the only band I like from the Green Album, so I'm glad they chose them to do the video (as much as the theme song is a rather strange version... anyone heard the Dr Steel version?)

Was surprised how many obscure Muppets they featured here, though I'm sure they wanted to put the newly rebuilt movie character builds from the TMS days to good use. I mean BD Monster, Behemoth, Frackle, Wayne and Wanda...and that Suggs moment.

I love the ending...very meta. That's the kind of strange new sort of humor that shows the Muppets can be really good in the new era. I dont know why Vevo is promoting this as a vevo.com exclusive, as its ALSO on youtube

(sadly only 300 views? This needs to have millions)

AND the amazing behind the scenes footage

My dream collaborations would be a song/video (or performance on a late night talk show) with the Muppets and Arcade Fire, LCD Soundsystem or Yeah Yeah Yeahs but this will do for now.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
This is just so typical of OK Go. All their video's are unique and I like their style. Who cares what the Muppets suppose to look like or should look like. It's a fun video! I knew that OK Go was planning on making the Muppet theme song awhile back cause Damian Kulash said they where working on it for an up coming Muppet album. So glad to finally got it done! Awesome job!

rowlfy662

Reaction score
awsome just got round to seeing and wow the minor characters like pops the muppets performing the ok go puppets and the end was great but beautful day monster looks a little off but still awsome :smile:

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
OK Go's cover was terrible, but the video was great. The shot of the Muppets controlling the band from below was a little nightmarish. :stick_out_tongue:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score

I don't know OK Go very well, but that was a lot of fun. The Muppets-as-Muppeteers shot, I thought, was really well done. And I'm really liking Bill's Dr. Teeth and Rowlf!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
You can't always go "old school" This is a new generation and new kids get to at least see the characters in their eyes...what we grew up with. Times are different now, and so are the Muppets. So don't fret on what they should look like. I am glad it's just bringing in a new generation and they are still going to this day unlike a lot of other stuff we grew up with that is no longer around. And if it takes newer bands of todays music to keep them going, more power to them....Thanks OK Go!