Oh yeah...Muppet Meetups are here!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Thanks, D.W.!

Yeah, you said what I was thinking. If there are 4 of us in the area, why not meet? Hey, folks, if you're in L.A., let's hear from you! I want to meet on the 11th, and I'm not going to let Meetup stop me!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Chilly Down said:
Thanks, D.W.!

Yeah, you said what I was thinking. If there are 4 of us in the area, why not meet? Hey, folks, if you're in L.A., let's hear from you! I want to meet on the 11th, and I'm not going to let Meetup stop me!
There's several folks here at MC from LA! I think Frogboy and Beaker (Jamie and Cory) are from there.

It's just not easy to find anybody around Memphis, TN. Nate works here, but he's in and out for work only; only other person is Dwayne111155555 is in TN but I don't know where, and Byron in Kentucky, but that's quite a drive for him to meet here. :frown:

I'm all alone.

Help. :cry:

:crazy: :zany:

Whatever

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
It's just not easy to find anybody around Memphis, TN. Nate works here, but he's in and out for work only; only other person is Dwayne111155555 is in TN but I don't know where, and Byron in Kentucky, but that's quite a drive for him to meet here. :frown:

I'm all alone.

Help. :cry:

:crazy: :zany:
I currently attend college in Evansville, IN, but my parents, bro and sis live in Memphis (Germantown), so I visit over the hols!

dwmckim

Reaction score
That's the nice thing about the meetups - being able to find other fans in your area. The internet forums are great for chatting with people over the computer but every now and then it's nice to have actual live interactions with people who are local.

So if it takes awhile for enough people in your area to do an "official" meetup, there's no stopping you from getting in touch with the maybe one or two other people that you discover are in your area. Strike up a conversation, a lunch, a video viewing etc.

...and best of all, spread the word so people know about them - if you have a Muppet web site, add it to the links section etc. This is kind of the key to successful meetups (the Farscape meetup has been around for awhile and took off right away thanks to that fan community spreading the word)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I currently attend college in Evansville, IN, but my parents, bro and sis live in Memphis (Germantown), so I visit over the hols!
E-mail me at FozzieMup@aol.com and I'll send over my contact info; when you get in town, we'll hang out one afternoon!!

YAY!!
(Maybe now we'll get Nate to stick around to visit some, eh?)

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Well, since I just lost my job yesterday, I won't be going to any Muppet Meetups this month. :cry: :grouchy: But I can always start planning for the future.

Frogboy's actually in either San Diego or San Francisco. (As different as those places are, I never can never keep them straight in my head.) One of them is a 2-hour drive from here, the other is 4 hours. So as much as I'd like to meet Jamie in the flesh, I don't think it's especially convenient.

Not sure where Cory/Beaker is. I think Chris Stulz is in the area; anyone heard from him lately? There was also Mitch (the guy wearing the Kermit head); what ever happened to him? I think Nate visits here from time to time, too, but I know he doesn't live here either. There was a girl named Michelle who sat behind me at MuppetFest, and I know she lives in the area, but she hasn't been around the forum at all and never responded to the friendly e-mail I sent just after MF. *shrug*

Then there's that new guy Nik who attended the Jimmy Kimmel taping this week. I wonder if he's seen this thread.

Anyway, hope to meet more Muppet fans soon! Get on the site so we can plan next month's meeting.

beaker

Reaction score
I am now currently in the San Francisco area. Im trying to get info if there is a Puppet Guild meeting soon.

Are ya still in the LA area Tom? Youd be surprised(or not) how many hardcore fans are in the LA area...its just they are either not online or do not know of online Muppet sites. But on other forums when I post anything Muppet related, the post count skyrockets.

Not to sure how many Muppet fans are in my bay area radius, but I can imagine a lot.

I am really hoping they have a Mupeptfest in 2004, as I know so many more folks would attend this time. (everyone Ive mentioned my Mfest encounteres to says they so want their to be a next one)

Btw, the gist of this thread seems more befitting under Friends and Family.

Erine81981

Reaction score
So is it true wherever u signed up for its going to be there. Am I right? I live in Sweetwater and Abliene is just a couple of miles. So if its saying when and where. Is that where there going to have it? I just don't want to end up going to the wrong place or not know if there is one. Can some one help me?

ohdarling

Reaction score
So is it true wherever u signed up for its going to be there. Am I right? I live in Sweetwater and Abliene is just a couple of miles. So if its saying when and where. Is that where there going to have it? I just don't want to end up going to the wrong place or not know if there is one. Can some one help me?
usually what happens is people decide on where to meet up based on where you live (and based on what place people voted) and you should get emails verifying when and where it will be. :smile: from other people near you. i hope that makes sense !

Ernie101

Reaction score
I seriously doubt anyone will meet in my area.. or that i can get away from here.. so I might as well not try.