OH! So That's Where Wanda Falbo came from

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just discovered this yesterday, basically because I've had very little access to SCTV...

So, basically the character (not quite as a fairy, but with a magic wand) immigrated from SCTV (hey! Like a lot of Andrea's Sesame Street characters) from a hilarious sketch called "Mrs. Falbo's Tiny Town."

(now, we're mostly adults here and I can post a video that has LANGUAGE that's no worse than anything from earlier episodes of the Simpsons, right? Just in case... Language)

The thing that makes this all the sweeter is the clear parody/reference to Sesame Street's "brought to you by the letter" bit. That's right. A character from Sesame Street was based off a character on another show that made reference to Sesame Street. Recursive much?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've had the first three volumes of SCTV for years, and for a long time I didn't realize they were the same character (I've known it for the last few years, but for some reason for many years I thought that on Sesame Street she was called Wanda the Word Fairy, I think I've seen her referred to as that title on unofficial Muppet/Sesame Street fan sites).

Drtooth

Reaction score

Nah... Wanda Falbo's entire name is in the title.