Official Bohemian Rhapsody MP3 now available

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Download the Official Bohemian Rhapsody MP3

Just received the following news from Muppets Studio...

A remastered Bohemian Rhapsody MP3 will be released along with the Bohemian Rhapsody video. The single will be released on 12/14 in the UK and 12/15 in the US.

The Muppets are in hot competition for the No. 1 Christmas song in the UK and they need your support in a big way! The winner of the popular X Factor (similar to American Idol) has clinched the spot the last 5 years in a row. The Muppets hope to give the X Factor winner some stiff competition and UK fans espescially need to buy Bohemian Rhapsody between 12/14-12/19 (iTunes uk, amazon.com etc) as the winner is based on song sales. The single will also be released on 12/15 in the US.

Tuesday 8th December 2009:

Walt Disney/EMI Press Release

DUE TO HUGE DEMAND QUEEN + THE MUPPETS’ ‘BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY’ IS
TO BE RELEASED FOR CHRISTMAS!

In the past weeks, the video for Queen + The Muppets’ version of ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ has been viewed over a staggering nine and a half million times on YouTube.

The video brings together two iconic pieces of pop culture: Queen’s rock-opera classic ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ and Jim Henson’s inimitable Muppets. It features all the hugely recognisable characters that defined an era of children’s television, and continue to be popular with each new generation; Miss Piggy, Kermit The Frog, Gonzo, Animal and many more.

Seen as a contender to X Factor for the Christmas no.1 spot, bookmaker Paddy Power said of the single:

“We’ve taken more bets on the Muppets to be Christmas No. 1 than anyone else so far, but with zillions of views already on YouTube it’s no surprise the punters are getting stuck in. Imagine, the mighty X Factor toppled by the Muppets! It’s great to have a competitive Christmas no. 1 race again!u201D

The momentum for the video has taken on a life of its own, with The One Show and Sky News having already shown it, plus The Sun tipping it as a Christmas Number 1 contender.

The single will be released as a Vingle (video of the single) and audio, both available through all Digital Service Providers.

The Muppets ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ for Christmas Number 1 on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/groups.php?ref=sb#/group.php?gid=181703952910

The original version of Queen’s ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ appears on their ‘Absolute Greatest’ compilation, which has so far spent three weeks in the UK Top 10 Album Chart.

Beauregard

Reaction score
It's now up against Joe from the X-factor's version of The Climb (Miley) for #1 this Christmas!

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'm definitely gonna buy it from iTunes when it becomes available here in the U.S.!

unclematt

Reaction score
Everybody should go back and watch it again so it beats the X Factor song. I mean I love Joe and he should win but not as much as I love the Muppets.

Beauregard

Reaction score
OH MY GOSH! It's at 39 in the top best selling on Amazon!

And the video is #1 on iTunes, ahead of Gaga, right behind an all-star cartoon band singing a charity single!

Drtooth

Reaction score
There are 2 things I mulled about since I read about it being a download only with no CD...

I just think it would be too soon to see an actual CD release. And even as a single, a CD usually has one or two other little tracks aside of it. What would those other 2 songs be? Plus, no one really buys CD's anymore. Make no mistake, I would LOVE to see it on a CD release. The one thing that I find disappointing about Disney's ownership is that we haven't seen any Muppet soundtracks other than Muppet Wizard of Oz and Red and Green Christmas... and that was years ago.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Letters to Santa? Or was that just a downloadable?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Letters to Santa? Or was that just a downloadable?
Yeah... I think it was.Delivering Christmas was on a CD, but a compilation CD available only released by the Postal Service.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oooh! Right. I see. Interesting.

In other news, BoRhap is now at 37 on Amazon and going up on iTunes as well!

Dearth

Reaction score
My 7-year-old says...

Here's how much my kids have been exposed to the Muppets... my 7-year-old can identify pretty much every character from the Muppet Show at a glance, and my 10-year-old who so far has seemed to escape my own completist tendencies took one look at an episode of Fraggle Rock and announced, "I would like to have ALL of these."

So, of course they've seen Muppet Bohemian Rhapsody almost as much as I have. They haven't even noticed that some of the voices don't match the original incarnations. Or if they have, they just accept it.

In the car this morning on the way to the 7-year-old's school (right after dropping off the 10 year-old), the original Queen version came on. I turned up the volume during the "Mama" part and asked my youngest if he knew that song.

He said, "Animal?"

And listened quietly throughout the song.

Up until the part, "So you think you can stomp me and spit in my eye?"

At which point he announces, "That is NOT Dr. Teeth."

So, that's a pretty good compliment for Bill Barretta, huh? Not only is he just as good as Jim Henson... he's better than Freddie Mercury!

DN