Of Muppets & Men - possible reissue?

SeanC

Reaction score
First off - there's no evidence to suggest that a reissue is forthcoming. However, I've noticed that Christopher Finch, who wrote 'Of Muppets & Men', has revised and updated his book on Winnie the Pooh - 'A Celebration of the Silly Old Bear' - in preparation for Disney's new Pooh movie due this summer. Now, if Disney asked him to update his Pooh book to tie in with a new cinema release... do you think they might have asked him to do similar with his Muppet book to tie in with 'The Muppets'?
Or am I adding 2 & 2 and getting 5?

Slackbot

Reaction score
To be honest, I think that's wishful thinking. So much has happened since that book was written, and there are other books out on the subjects, such as "Jim Henson: The Works."

That said, if they did update and reissue it, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

dwmckim

Reaction score
And indeed "The Works" was also written by Finch...it some ways that in itself could be seen as a revision.

Of Muppets and Men (the book) was very much like the documentary of the same name in that even though they touched on the history leading up to it, they both were first and foremost about the making of The Muppet Show as the central focus. Now it's been widely speculated since the release of the first season that the special OM&M would ultimately end up as a bonus feature on either season 4 or 5 of the TMS season box sets. It's slim at best but not inconceivable that the book may be rereleased around the same time - though i see it as more something where the basic original content is left intact (only with some possible corrections of errors or footnotes of what's happened since and perhaps new/different photos) but with new introductions and epilogues.

Or - a whole new book by Finch altogether. He had an in-depth Muppet book in the 70's (okay i'm slightly fudging since it was the very early 80's), another in the 90's - why not a new one in the 10s?