Obscure animated films

Drtooth

Reaction score
Any one know of some really obscure animated films?
Here are some spining in my head

These ones I have heard of but did not see...

Heathcliff- made in the 80's by DIC animation... not too sure about what it actually is, but It's composed of smaller cartoons that aired on TV before hand and put together by little animated segways...

Garfield's Judgement day- This was actually going to be the Garfield movie, not that live action thing... and there were plans of this that Jim Davis actually spoke of in the 1988 special, "Garfield's 10th Birthday." In fact, Dessereye Goyette and Lou Rowls performed the opening song of this movie in the special. Somehow it either never was made, or it bombed badly, and no one's heard of it.

Toxic Crusaders the Movie- This is actually available now on DVD if you purchase the 4 disk Toxic Avenger set. I don't know much about this, and I wonder if it actually made it to theaters, or was a home video release. All I know is this is a film based on a cartoon based on a film.... HOWEVER, this was originally supposed to be Toxic Crusaders, the LIVE ACTION movie. In old Toxic Crusader comic books, Marvel actually proposed a contest and the winner was to appear in the film. Guess he didn't win anything after all...

Felix the Cat the movie- from the 80's... I don't know anything about it, actually...

And here are some that I have actually seen.

Ducktales the Movie- Made around the late 80's early 90's. I have the comic novelization, but I haven't bought the video. All and all, I liked it, and the story was like a prototype of Aladdin to be made later. However, I was disappointed that none of the actuall villains from the show (Magica, the Beagles, Flintheart) even made a cameo. I always envisioned a sequal in which Flintheart somehow gets all of Scrooges money, and sells Magica the Dime, and Scrooge would have to team up with the Beagle boys to get it all back.

Inspector Gadget's Last Case- Actually this is recent, from 2002. It was a telefilm that aired on Nickelodian. A weird film, as the characters were redesigned. Gadget now wears black, Penny is a teenager in a belly shirt, the Cheif is constantly angry with Gadget. Dr. Claw's Claw and Mad Cat were drastically changed. And to tie it in with the live action movies (gag) the Gadget mbile was completely overhauled, and can now "Talk." Unlike the movie, the talking gadgetmobile was integral to the plot. All and all, I enjoyed it, but I wish they got some of the cast memebrs back. Maurice LaMarche (Brain fom Pinky and the Brian) was the only veteran, and voiced Gadget. He did a great impersonation of Don Adams. Oddly enough he didn't perform the Cheif....

Pap Smurf and the Magic flute- My memory is hazy... I've seen this when I was 5 or younger... all I can remember is the movie wasn't made by Hannah Barbara (a european firm did it) and the voices were totally different, and they all sounded like someone with a sorethroat's voice manipulated...