Now what's going on with YouTube?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I enjoy the comments on YouTube but it's true that when the comments sections on any website aren't moderated, they just become cesspools of trolls and bullies. Utterly devoid of redeeming value.
When Cheerios commercials become the most disgusting breeding ground of racists this side of a KKK meeting, you know something's wrong. I can almost take idiotic political tracts, but being afraid of the huge... whatever it is imaginary Apocalypse or some sort, like white people are going to cease to exist that they crawl into disgusting tirades about mixed race children (the *&^% people in the commercial aren't even related to each other in realzies)... that's a part of society that needs to be removed from contact with human beings. I say, if this makes people jump through hoops to post comments, I'm all for it. That does seem to keep most of the trolls at bay.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Eh, I didn't see that as real racism. People make stupid, quasi controversial comments online just to be noticed. Not that that's great either, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, here we go:

Ignore the video itself, and just look at the response to it: the like meter looks like Darth Vader's lightsaber, it's like 90% red! And look at those comments... not one single positive response to this overhaul.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, we've got something of a double-edged sword here.

There's actually TWO USEFUL changes to comments that this brings: 1. You can actually post links now and 2. No character limit.

Now while those are actually helpful, people are intentionally abusing the latter to show why this is a poor move on Google/Google+'s part... heck, someone just actually posted the entire screenplay for BRAVEHART in a comment just to prove a point.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And now admist all this chaos, the video player is actually back to normal for some reason.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's one other little annoyance I have to bring up...

There's something messed up with our watch histories, because it's like, if you rewatch a video that's already in your history, for some reason, it counts as a new video in your history.

For example, like right now, I only have 5 videos in my watch history (I just recently cleaned it out), but because I've rewatched one video twice, and rewatched another video once, my watch history count is now at 9, even though there's only 5 actual videos in my history. It got really bad last month (part of the reason I really had to clean it out), because at one point, even though there were only 15 actual videos in my history, it counted upwards of 100).

EDIT: Way-yul... I see many people are now calling for a boycott/blackout over the new comment system, but, heh, we all see how well those blackouts in the past worked, didn't we?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not my fault; they're quoting one of YT's original cofounders, and that was his word, exactly.