Now what's going on with YouTube?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Clip converter had to have changed in the last couple days. They still had all the options Sunday. Now the thing I'm currently working on might be ruined, but I was going to use mostly recycled footage anyway.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Guess what Drtooth? Yep! MORE stop-and-go playback, and videos not loading at all! Let's party!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So today, I reluctantly relented and submitted my number to Hitler so I could unlock some extra features on YT that are usually otherwise reserved for partner channels (namely custom thumbnails and such).

Never got my confirmation code. Tried three times, never got a code. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently YT has just overhauled comments (because you can't post any right now apparently): now, comments have NO features whatsoever - you can't like or dislike a comment, you can't reply to a comment, you can't mark a comment as spam, all you can do is just simply post comments.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently YT has just overhauled comments (because you can't post any right now apparently): now, comments have NO features whatsoever - you can't like or dislike a comment, you can't reply to a comment, you can't mark a comment as spam, all you can do is just simply post comments.
Okay, I just found out what's going on.

So, we've got even MORE proof now that Google IS indeed, always WAS, and more than likely will CONTINUE to be THE HITLER OF THE INTERNET...

Oh, and brace yourself Drtooth, you're gonna LOVE this one.

Ready? YT has just announced that from now on, all comments on videos are going to be done through Google+.

This must explain one of their motives behind forcing everybody to get a Google+ account to sync with their YT accounts, they must be trying phase out YT accounts and channels altogether and have everybody use YT through Google+. Uh, yay?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ready? YT has just announced that from now on, all comments on videos are going to be done through Google+.
Dude... I'd be happy if they'd completely do away with posting comments entirely. YT's comments section was the stupidest idea ever. It's bait for trolls and "I'm not racist, but..." racists that tend to whine that we're too "PC" to ever allow "Coal Black and de Sebbin Dwarbs" to be shown during children's programming and how wussy we are that there's nothing on television that offensive. By the way, did they mention they are not racist?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Personally, I need comments... not necessarily because I actually like reading all of the stupid and ridiculous things that people say (I do, it cracks me up), but that's how I get feedback on my work, just likes or dislikes really don't say a whole lot, other than either the video was really good or realy sucked.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I enjoy the comments on YouTube but it's true that when the comments sections on any website aren't moderated, they just become cesspools of trolls and bullies. Utterly devoid of redeeming value.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently, because so many side conversations happen in the comments, this is part of the reason why Google is going to be doing YT comments through Google+ now, so anytime this happens, the conversations, and responses to comments, and such, can be threaded, which... I GUESS would make it a little easier to see what certain replies are to what original comments... but, can't this all still be done WITHOUT having to force everyone to do so through Google+? No... because THAT would MAKE SENSE! :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Because it's not about making the comments easier, it's about tricking people into giving away their personal info to Google. :stick_out_tongue: