Now what's going on with YouTube?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I HATE that I had to remove "Topic Popular" from my feed every other day, when you'd think I could just remove it once and be done with it.

And the recommendations are complete bull, giving me related videos in videos I watch that aren't remotely related to anything. I got some dork chick giving a tour of her bookshelf (like I care). And then I got a related recommendation to that without even watching it.

I have never watched anything remotely like that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Personally, I HATE that I had to remove "Topic Popular" from my feed every other day, when you'd think I could just remove it once and be done with it.
Dude, I've been complaining about this for weeks now... not just "Topic Popular", but also "Topic U.S." and other "topics"... and I'm sick of always having to remove the excessive "mightyfilm liked 2 videos", "Noah Ginex subscribed to 1 channel", "PinkLaffs commented on 5 videos", as well... then again, I'm sick of always having to click on "My Subscriptions" so I can be redirected to my subscriptions. YT actually fixed it ONCE earlier in the year where you only had to click "My Subscriptions" once, and anytime you went back to the homepage, there were subscriptions, and that only lasted for like a week or so, then they broke it again, and it's been that way ever since.

But you know what's REALLY bothering me now? When people complain about you commenting. Especially when yours ends up being liked enough into being a top-rated comment, then people find reasons to complain about your comment being top-rated... that's been happening to me quite a bit lately; most recently, apparently a comment I left on "True Facts About the Mantis Shrimp" apparently became top rated, then I started getting replies from smartasses like, "Wow. you watched the video. Good for you." Still, nothing was bad last year when I commented on the blooper reel from the movie Dodgeball, and I had people yelling at me for saying what my favorite part was. Seriously, my inbox was flooded with people like, "D00D! STFU! WE HEARD WUT DEY SAID! U DONT NEED 2 REPEAT IT WER NOT DEAF!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just learned regarding keywords and searching.

A while back, I mentioned how my videos weren't showing in the results when searching certain keywords (and they STILL aren't showing up)... as it turns out, apparently, it's the activity your channel has (views, likes, comments, favorites, etc.) that determines whether or not your videos will appear when those keywords are searched.

Ouch.
I tried doing some more research regarding this issue with tags and keywords (because it looks like I'm not the only one this is happening to), now I don't know if any of this is true or not, but there's a conspiracy theory going around that YT sets "priorities" for certain channels, and in these cases, when you go to search certain keywords, results will show up for official channels, partner channels, in short channels that monetize their videos, while smaller standard channels won't have their uploads appear in the search results based on tags and keywords, because their "priority" is set extremely low (practically zero in this case).

There's also another theory going around that YT doesn't even use tags at all anymore, despite there still being an selection to add tags whenever you upload or edit a video.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Good news Drtooth, you're still not alone anymore; that must be of SOME comfort to you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, seriously, Google has forced a Google+ account onto my hobby channel three times this week, and each time, I've had to delete it altogether.

Once again, they're basically trying to getme to switch to my real name on my hobby channel, but I'm not going to do it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dude, I've been complaining about this for weeks now... not just "Topic Popular", but also "Topic U.S." and other "topics"... and I'm sick of always having to remove the excessive "mightyfilm liked 2 videos", "Noah Ginex subscribed to 1 channel", "PinkLaffs commented on 5 videos", as well... then again, I'm sick of always having to click on "My Subscriptions" so I can be redirected to my subscriptions. YT actually fixed it ONCE earlier in the year where you only had to click "My Subscriptions" once, and anytime you went back to the homepage, there were subscriptions, and that only lasted for like a week or so, then they broke it again, and it's been that way ever since.
I actually don't mind getting other member's likes. The commented on bit, I don't get, but I don't mind specifically. Mainly because those I subscribe to rarely upload anything, but there's a similar taste in videos that I somehow share with others, not to mention how I discover more videos through likes than recommendations.

But the channel suggestions of channels I'd never watch (PewDiePie specifically... I got rid of that like 3 times already) is what's bugging me the most.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Why can't I "unpublish" anything from my channel feed? If I hit the "Unpublish from channel feed" option and then refresh the page, what I removed is back on my channel.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I'm getting the same issue as well, I'm guessing it's just temporary.