Now what's going on with YouTube?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
JEEZUM! I mean... JEEZUM! GEE! GEEZADEE-GEEZ-GEEZ-GEEEEEEEEEEZ!

WHY do simply one-minute home videos of people's pets have commercials on them? SERIOUSLY! No copyrighted music, no product endorsements, no nothing... and yet they have commercials on them! WHY?! Why do irrelevent videos people have shot of their pets have commercials on them?! What sense does that make?!
Absolutely NONE whatsoever. That's like watching TV with a 15 minute commercial break. The ads seem to be getting worse and worse, I've been encountering way to many unskippable commercials recently. You know YouTube is getting bad when you can't even watch a home video without being forced to watch an ad that is as long as loading the actual video with a dial-up connection.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just learned regarding keywords and searching.

A while back, I mentioned how my videos weren't showing in the results when searching certain keywords (and they STILL aren't showing up)... as it turns out, apparently, it's the activity your channel has (views, likes, comments, favorites, etc.) that determines whether or not your videos will appear when those keywords are searched.

Ouch.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Disable what? Apparently, unless your channel sees a lot of activity, your videos aren't going to turn up in the results when you search certain keywords that you've used.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just learned that YT is getting ready to do away with video responses.

Admittedly, doesn't really affect me an awful lot.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm getting sick of getting sick of always complaining about the things YT screws up, but I'm not a fan of how they've crammed the different options (playback quality, player size, annotations, etc.) all into one button.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm getting sick of getting sick of always complaining about the things YT screws up, but I'm not a fan of how they've crammed the different options (playback quality, player size, annotations, etc.) all into one button.
I want to say those videos are the html5 videos? I dunno. Only certain videos even show up like that so idk

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Good news Drtooth, you're not alone at this moment, I too have been experiencing the same problems that have plagued you for all eternity, such as the "stop and go" problems, as well as the video quality dropping down to 144p for no reason.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
More good news Drtooth, you're still not alone, I'm having those stop-and-go and 144 problems again today. :stick_out_tongue: You know what's annoying about this new player though? When you want to adjust the playback quality, there's this ridiculously tiny arrow to click for the dropdown selection that's almost impossible to hover over because it's so small. Why, exactly, did YT feel the need to cram all of the features into one button again?

But, they just came out with a new feature that's actually interesting for a change: whenever you're in your inbox, or your video manager, there's a new selection in the menu called "Community", which shows your subscribers' activity, based on how often they visit your channel, how often they watch your uploads, which of your subscribers are the most active, etc. It's actually kind of cool... so that means it probably won't last long. :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You know you can click anywhere in the dropdown box to extend it, right? You don't need to click the arrow...