Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know it's been this way for months now, and it's clear that it's never going to change, but I actually am getting very sick and tired of always having to click "My Subscriptions" every single time I navigate back to the homepage.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
so does youtube no longer do official full screen stuff...all i am getting is a half corner

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not accustomed to watching vids full screen, because back in the day, trying to watch something full screen on my old computer, fuhgetabbadit, so I usually never even think to watch something full screen; HOWEVER, the times I have watched since having my newer computer, I don't recall ever having many problems.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ohhh, we have a BEAUTY this time!

As of right now, YT's got a link to a feedback survey on its homepage for people to fill out... now, I KNOW they're not even going to look at any of these surveys taken, but I filled one out anyway just to see what kind of questions there were and how they could be answered; most of them were pretty basic questions (How long have you been using YouTube? How often do you use YouTube? Would you recommend YouTube to someone?), and there ARE at least two fill-in answers to what part of YT are you most dissatisfied and frustrated with, and what do you like best about YT, but get this: the survey actually has a page and a half of questions about the ADS! Seriously, they ask questions like how can they improve ads, what do we like best about the ads, are the ads relevant to us, how satisfied are we with the ads on videos, etc. To quote a phrase from Mike Mozart, "I'm REALLY, what were they THINKING?!' That'd be like giving a little kid a survey, then asking them a bunch of questions about how much they like brussel sprouts. :rolleyes:

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Ohhh, we have a BEAUTY this time!

As of right now, YT's got a link to a feedback survey on its homepage for people to fill out... now, I KNOW they're not even going to look at any of these surveys taken, but I filled one out anyway just to see what kind of questions there were and how they could be answered; most of them were pretty basic questions (How long have you been using YouTube? How often do you use YouTube? Would you recommend YouTube to someone?), and there ARE at least two fill-in answers to what part of YT are you most dissatisfied and frustrated with, and what do you like best about YT, but get this: the survey actually has a page and a half of questions about the ADS! Seriously, they ask questions like how can they improve ads, what do we like best about the ads, are the ads relevant to us, how satisfied are we with the ads on videos, etc. To quote a phrase from Mike Mozart, "I'm REALLY, what were they THINKING?!' That'd be like giving a little kid a survey, then asking them a bunch of questions about how much they like brussel sprouts. :rolleyes:
That's just plain messed up. And gotta love Mike Mozart!

Drtooth

Reaction score
so does youtube no longer do official full screen stuff...all i am getting is a half corner
You using Google Chrome? I've always had that problem with Google Chrome. The videos load slightly better, but I get that corner problem too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm FED the crap up with this failure to load stuff. They fixed it briefly, now it's taken me MULTIPLE tries and an hour's time to watch a freaking 7 minute short. Even on their pathetic 144 pp.

I swear they're taking kickbacks from the FIOS people.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I STILL don't have ANY loading issues. At all.

One minor quibble I have been having lately, I've noticed, it that on occasion, if I keep the timeline expanded over the video (say if that's where my cursor rests), the video playback will start to lag a bit (like a poor signal on a digital converter box), otherwise, if I let the timeline collapse into the player, that fixes it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Today, I was reminded of another reason why I hate the current homepage layout: no notifications for comments.

You still receive them for PMs sent to your inbox, and then when you go to read that, you have a TON of unread comments in your inbox because you never even knew about them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
JEEZUM! I mean... JEEZUM! GEE! GEEZADEE-GEEZ-GEEZ-GEEEEEEEEEEZ!

WHY do simply one-minute home videos of people's pets have commercials on them? SERIOUSLY! No copyrighted music, no product endorsements, no nothing... and yet they have commercials on them! WHY?! Why do irrelevent videos people have shot of their pets have commercials on them?! What sense does that make?!