Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess it's a good thing I left US afterall, apparently, they're having a ton of problems with hackers lately.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I wish YouTube did away with the ads and stuff like YouTube Comedy Week. It takes the charm away from YT.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, I have yet ANOTHER new complaint about the new YT:

They effed up the video statistics pretty badly... I mean seriously, the statistics don't even show you anything anymore, it just tells you how many views you have, and how much "estimated time" has been watched... whatever happened to showing you what age brackets the video is popular with, what countries it's been viewed the most in, how many times it's been favorited, how many times it's been shared, and all that crap?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's days like today where YT somehow manages to bypass adblocking that I'm reminded just how bad commercials have gotten...

I mean, my God, the commercials are even longer than the videos now! Were just 30 second commercials on videos not enough for them to aggrivate everybody, now the commercials have to be 3 and 4 minutes long when the videos themselves aren't even that long?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if YT actually cuts people a break for "good behavior" after a certain amount of time or something, because I'm looking at my account status, and once again, all but one of my copyright strikes are actually gone.

In spite of that, my account (my GroverKent account that is) still has certain privileges revoked, such as unlimited uploads, and being able to unlist videos.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm furious that these videos don't load anymore. Their player is worse than the clunkiest legal streaming site player there is. Who redesigned the player to suck so badly?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party, but I really don't like the YouTube One layout. You can't have a custom background, you can't really customize it, and it just looks ugly.

I also don't like how the background is completely white. The brightness strains the eyes when you're watching a video.

(I just got a YT, here --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKa4sJ_eWXGNTsHLXctz5qw )

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, my main issue with the YouTube One layout is we practically have no channels anymore, all of our information is essentially displayed as a feed on the homepage.

But what really irks me is they give us all these templates and everything on how to make the perfect channel logo, and then when we upload them, they feel the need to mess up the brightness and contrast and make them look like a washed out picture on an old TV set that was manufactured in the 80s or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Welp, ONCE AGAIN, YT's redesigned the homepage AGAIN.

The latest redesign isn't quite as different as the previous one, but the biggest change is that they completely did away with the menu on the left side of the page, so now, you can't even do ANYTHING with the homepage now, all you can see is other people's feeds, and recommended videos, that's it, you can't look at your subscriptions or anything, so now you REALLY have no way of seeing new uploads unless it just happens to be included in people's feeds.