Now what's going on with YouTube?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Dude...why did you not listen to me when I said your computer was overheating weeks ago when you were complaining about fan noise?

Your fan is dead. Its exactly what happened to my computer. It may be spinning, but its not cooling your computer.

Its not youtube causing it. Its flash. Flash is system heavy and produces a lot of heat. If your fan is dead, or the vents inside are clogged, the heat gets trapped in the computer

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm also getting sick of having to delete videos in my history to avoid my "recommended" videos from being crap.

I have this one favorite clip from some Japanese show where they sing a weird song about Pigs. And because whoever posted it gave it the show's Italian title, Calenderman, I got a recommended videos section full of terrible kid's videos about the months of the year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I clean up my history quite a bit anyway, but that's only because I'm a bit of a neat freak: if I'm through with watching certain videos for a while, then I'll remove them from my history, since they treat it like it's an actual playlist now, and I really don't need a bunch of videos cluttering up a "playlist" I don't really use.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is anyone else having this problem; a lot of videos won't play and the player instead comes out like this:

I recall having this problem a long while ago, but I don't know how it got fixed or why it's back.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been getting that on occasion as well; I just click refresh, and that usually solves the problem. Though the player buttons never gray outlines around them.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The homepage sure does like to keep pasting the exact same thing at the very top of the feed for months and months at a time... not too long ago, everytime I'd go to the homepage, one of my subscription's favorites activity was always at the top of the feed; now for the last month or so, they keep putting Drtooth's rant about the 144p playback at the top.
The new One channel design is SUPPOSED to have a feature where you can choose not to see a person's activity in the homepage feeds, but it clearly doesn't even work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So now Upload Society is out of order right now too. You know what happened? Too many people uploaded videos.

Seriously, apparently so many people have been uploading videos on the site that now they're server's full, and uploads have been disabled until they get donations from people to buy more webspace.

On a personal note, I never thought it was possible to be canceled in reruns... twice...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am REALLY getting sick and tired of their garbage player. My internet connection isn't that slow. They've gone from one of the best, most fluid players in the business to sucking as much as legal streaming sites.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still convinced it's their own passive aggressive ways to get us to make the switch to Chrome for browsing... again, notice how Sarge has NONE of the problems we have, and we know she uses Chrome. I really wouldn't put it past them.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Okay... something REALLY weird is going on right now...

A lot of people's channels are actually back to nor... uh... back to the way they were previously.

This has to be another one of their 24-hour glitches or something...

EDIT: Actually... EVERYBODY'S channels have been switched back. Well, everybody except for one of mine.
Nope, mine still has the one Channel design, which I hate so much!