Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, I just learned a couple of things I didn't know before, but they kind of make sense...

1. The reason why YouTube was sold to Google in the first place was pretty much our (as in the users') fault: apparently the guys who created YouTube were displeased with people using it to upload copyrighted videos, TV shows, movie clips, etc., instead of uploading their own original content (hence, YOUTube). :smirk:
2. Remember when we used to have that 5-star rating system on videos instead of likes/dislikes? Apparently the reason YouTube changed that was because Google wanted to put a stop to people giving their ad videos bunches of 1-star ratings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm assuming YT at least realized there are some people out there who have either really slow internet connections, or really old computers, or both... because I'll tell ya, for a while there with my old computer, 360p would start playing choppy after a minute or so. Then, once the virus struck and messed the whole thing up, even 240p became choppy.
I don't care how slow someone's connection is, 144p looks like an Atari game. It's fine if they have it, but I don't want it to automatically pop up on every video I have. It kinda sucked when the video upgraded to higher quality when you went into fullscreen... but you could at least turn that off.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe it... YT actually did something smart for a change! They separated Closed Ad from the large homepage ad into it's own tab below it... now I no longer have to keep turning off AdFender, refreshing the homepage, closing the ad to get rid of the large white blank space where the ad is hidden, turn AdFender back on, and refresh the page again. That was REALLY becoming a hassle, especially this past weekend, where it was like YT opened the ad every two hours.
D'oh... I had the wool pulled over my eyes. I can't believe I actually fell for thinking this would be a permanent change made by YT; I should have known it would only be for one day.

Well, back to constantly turning off AdFender, refreshing the homepage, clicking Close Ad to get rid of the large empty white space on the homepage, turning AdFender on again, and refreshing the page again. Sometimes 5-6 times a day anymore. :rolleyes:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Why don;t you try a different adblock program? I only suggested it because it looked like it had decent ratings. But the adblock programs for IE are far and few :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm almost pretty sure most ad blockers are going to leave blank spaces where the ads are anyway... :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've had it with 144p. I have to turn 144p off EVERY TIME and reload the entire video and if I'm lucky, I don't have to do it again. And I'm NEVER Lucky! You can turn off the HD in your playback, but you can't turn off the lousy 144p.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What are your default settings? Check your playback settings/preferences, that may have something to do with it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is only a way to turn off auto high quality. I checked.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know what else to tell ya then... I hate to pull a Sarge here, but I'm not having that problem. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay... something REALLY weird is going on right now...

A lot of people's channels are actually back to nor... uh... back to the way they were previously.

This has to be another one of their 24-hour glitches or something...

EDIT: Actually... EVERYBODY'S channels have been switched back. Well, everybody except for one of mine.