Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Another thing I'm getting sick of is the issues with uploading new videos.

Again, you go to upload a video, then the upload time is like a roller coaster: it'll be at 5 minutes remaining, then the next minute it'll be 16 minutes, then the next minute it'll be 7 minutes, then it'll freeze and get stuck at like 85% or so for like five minutes or up to an hour, then when it finally DOES upload, then it just automatically goes to an error message saying, "Sorry, the video is taking too long to process. It has been queued, and will we process it at a later time", or something to that extent. It will still process, but it takes twice as long.

I'm with Drtooth, I honestly don't believe the problem lies with the servers or the providers, YT's broken so many things throughout the site with their useless updates, you never know what'll be broken next.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So why is it that my youtube issues are on my provider's end? Because I'm a drone to Google?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Maybe you need to cross over to the dark side then and try chrome :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Uuuuuuuhhhhhh.........

Chrome is easier to say than internet explorer?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It appears they're already in the process of migrating things into the homepage as "feeds" now; some of the playlists (Uploaded Videos, Watch History, Favorites, etc) now just simply display within the homepage as feeds.

What exactly is the point of this whole feed thing again? And I got to thinking, but that's how the NEW new new channels are supposed to be, then how exactly are other people supposed to do anything, like subscribe to the channel, send that person a PM, and all that crap? Are we supposed to just do all that from the video pages, where they usually have a subscribe button?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, I'm saying, if the NEW new new channel designs are essentially just displaying a channel's uploads and other activity as feeds in the homepage like everything else, how exactly are people supposed to subscribe to or PM a channel, unless they click the subscribe button on the video page itself when they watch a video from said channel.

I mean, it just seems like with each new channel redesign, they keep removing more and more features that are actually useful.