Now what's going on with YouTube?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's a problem I've been having lately...

The uploading process is quite a roller coaster: it will freeze at times, then after a few minutes, the remaining time will go back and forth between decreasing the number of minutes and increasing the minutes, then it will freeze again, then the time will go back and forth between decreasing and increasing... really confusing.
Okay, I'm uploading a vid right now, and it's been saying "3 minutes remaining 85%" FOR THE LAST HALF HOUR! That's the LONGEST three minutes I've ever seen. :attitude:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's an interesting idea that popped up in an IM chat I was having... suddenly, I think I've got it all figured out:

mycourage1999: oh, have you seen what the NEW new new channel designs look like?
colbyhussir: yep
mycourage1999: what's the point of THAT?
colbyhussir: increase the upload rate
colbyhussir: because
colbyhussir: they changed things
colbyhussir: so everyone's gong to upload videos
colbyhussir: saying they don't like it
colbyhussir: and they get more money as a result
colbyhussir: IT"S GENEIOUS!
mycourage1999: wow man, that makes PERFECT sense!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The new player doesn't allow you to change the playback quality, all videos can only be viewed in 360p, which kind of defeats the purpose of being able to watch videos in a higher quality, like 480, 720, or even 1020.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Or maybe those videos aren't in a higher quality? Because I still have HD qualities when the video supports that resolution

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, like I said, ALL videos can only be played in 360 now; when you click the gear icon in the player to adjust the quality, 360 is the only quality available on all videos (though, curiously, now they give options to adjust the playback speed, either increasing or decreasing it).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
And yet another update I have failed to receive I guess...

Drtooth

Reaction score
And the videos still refuse to load. Really getting sick of this crap. My internet isn't that slow that a 2 minute video never loads.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I've seen rumors floating around that individual service providers are throttling youtube speeds to barely loadable

Drtooth

Reaction score
No, it's not the internet. Some videos load perfectly. Some videos that don't load actually do load when you change the video quality. It's just that half the time it's on 360, or if it only has 1 speed, the video load time lags and stops.