Now what's going on with YouTube?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Haha. The text-only option was a April Fools joke for sure, but I really wanted to see that rolled out onto all videos as an option rather than just a few!

Drtooth

Reaction score
They're trying to get the whole thing to look like Facebook, which wants to look more like MySpace, which wants to look more like Facebook. It's basic insanity and trying to be hip... and it ruins the aesthetic of the whole thing. The pages look Frog awful ugly, you don't get to see the little avatars next to the video poster's name. And it really looks that they took a huge step backward, making everything look like an old site from the 90's.

And we'll be howling at the moon, since no matter how much we complain, they'll only change things to make them look worse.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They're trying to get the whole thing to look like Facebook, which wants to look more like MySpace, which wants to look more like Facebook.
Are you serious about Facebook trying to look more like MySpace? Granted, I haven't logged on to my Facebook since the week I tried it for last year and didn't like it, so I don't know what they're looking like now... but yes, MySpace has been trying to Facebook-ify themselves for months now, but I'm glad it's just our homepages they're messing with and not our actual profiles. Unlike YouTube.
And we'll be howling at the moon, since no matter how much we complain, they'll only change things to make them look worse.
Amen, brotha.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Snowthy, this YouTube thing is only the beginning.

Dum, Dum, DUM!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know about that... I'd say more like... THE MIDDLE... O.O :eek: :eek: :eek:

Either the Google buy-out, or last year's Beta Channels was the beginning I think...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I made a video concerning the youtube change, in which I play a character I've played in many other videos, The Crybaby. The Crybaby always complains about something, but this is the first time I had him complain about an actual current event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khP_axxt3MI

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got on YouTube this morning, and was very happy to see they switched back to the old video pages... but knowing them, I doubt this'll last for very long. :|

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got on YouTube this morning, and was very happy to see they switched back to the old video pages... but knowing them, I doubt this'll last for very long. :|
Gee... how did I know that? How DID I know that? ! :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably lasted less than I second, since I didn't see it at ALL.

Why does EVERYONE want to look like Facebook? I swear. If I wanted to go on Facebook, I'd GO on Facebook. When I wanna go to a video sight, I wanna see VIDEOS.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why does EVERYONE want to look like Facebook? I swear.
I know Drtooth, it's BAD! MySpace has done such a job Facebookifying themselves recently (thank God they're leaving our PROFILES alone... take a hint, YouTube), that the site has now slowed to a snail's pace... just like Facebook! That was one of the reasons I liked MySpace better than Facebook because the site in general loaded faster (save for pimped out profiles with hundreds of graphics everywhere that take forever to load)... now, they're both just as slow as molases, it's tough to get anything done.