Now what's going on with YouTube?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Oh crapola. My video character is called Casey the Muppet. And I use a lot of popular songs in my videos. Does this mean I could get banned? :embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I doubt it. Not really for the "Muppet" part, but if you use songs in your video, really, the worst that could happen is you'll receive a "matched third party" notification from whomever holds the rights to the song, in which case, they'll just put ads next to your videos, an iTunes link in the video description, and in some cases block your videos from being seen in certain countries (mostly like Germany and African countries).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I see YouTube changed the homepage design AGAIN...

They pretty much left the current layout of it the same, but the overall design is really hard on the eyes, and not very well-put together, it's almost like somebody who has no experience in web design basically tried to copy and reproduce the homepage layout himself.

EDIT: Oh gee, now we've got a new eye sore to contend with on the video pages as well: they've got this stack of icons to the left of the video player and they don't even tell you what they are, you can only assume what they do (one icon looks like a house, you can assume takes you to the homepage, another icon looks like a gear, assuming it's subscription settings or something)... it's certainly an annoyance if you use a 4:3 screen resolution like I do, but it seems like a weird play to put more useless do-hickeys, as opposed to, say, ABOVE or BELOW the video player.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gee whiz... I was kind of hoping this would be another one of those things where once you clean your cache and cookies for the night, and log back on the next morning, everything would be back to abnormal, but it looks like this time, it's a completely permanent change. Like I said, the layout itself is basically the same as the previous one, it's just a very poorer and badly designed version that's really hard on the eyes.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Maybe I'm just blind, but I don't see anything different :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently it just switched back to the previous homepage design again...

But I see another flaw with the newer design now that it's switched back: the new design doesn't let you know you have new comments, so you really don't even know unless you just happen to check your inbox.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone having this problem? Videos don't exactly load anymore. The grey bar doesn't move, and sometimes I have a video up for a few minutes and only a couple seconds load. And it ISN'T a matter of connection. Even a slow connection yields a bar that goes all the way to the end in time.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Same happened to me. I had to upload my video like 3 times before it worked!