None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Slackbot

Reaction score
Last week I was walking home in this mid-90s heat. I can take that, but partway through I felt as if the temperature had gone up to 120. I practically crawled the last half mile home, feeling sick and weak. After a few hours I still felt horrible, and found out I was running several degrees of fever. Having a fever when it's freakin' hot outside is no joke.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Heat prostration? Or heat exhaustion? Or heat-induced amnesia?

Either way, sorry to hear that Slackbot... Mother Nature certainly is unkind to us during these middle months of the year, isn't she?

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think I had a 24-hour flu. My throat had been sore and I already had a headache, and in fact I'd bought some cold medicine over my lunch break. I felt so awful I went to bed at 7:00 and called in sick the next day, but by the evening I felt perfectly fine. Strange, huh?

I have a friend who's coming down from Nebraska over Labor Day weekend for Dragon*Con. If things continue like this she's going to melt on the first day.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, it's always still hot over Labor Day.

But, I love it, mainly because of our town's own holiday during that weekend: it's like 4th of July in September: fireworks and everything.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The humidity has been down a bit for the past few days, which HAS helped with the heat situation, but the humidity's back up now, so it's gottea bit more insufferable lately; I recently got a spray bottle with cold water, I've been having to spray myself down a lot today.

beaker

Reaction score
It's been freezing and raining here in Sacramento/Northern California until this morning. Now it's starting to warm up and look like a normal June...its usually hot as heck here by early may, so no idea whats been the story lately.

beaker

Reaction score
I have a friend who's coming down from Nebraska over Labor Day weekend for Dragon*Con. If things continue like this she's going to melt on the first day.
Nice! I go to a lot of conventions in any given year, tho never been to that one. Thats cool your friend is coming all the way down for the con. Whats it like?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's been freezing and raining here in Sacramento/Northern California until this morning. Now it's starting to warm up and look like a normal June...its usually hot as heck here by early may, so no idea whats been the story lately.
Weather's been a crock this year... over here, by Valentine's Day, spring had already sprung... it was like skipping half of February and jumping straight into the middle of March. Even weirder was those couple of days in late May where it suddenly dropped down to the 40s and 50s.

Not to mention all the tornadoes and everything that have torn the country up this spring. :frown:

bazingababe24

Reaction score
It's currently 95 degrees where I am (and in Michigan, ironically, you spend months out of the year praying for this kind of weather to return). :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to Friday, when we're supposed to finally get storms and the temperature will drop into the 60s. Also, I get paid that day. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Heads up to Michigan Friday*

Lately, I've been cranking out the pictures I took this past winter of all the snow and ice we've had, which was highly unusual for us.