None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

APRena

Reaction score
The first day of true heat here, got up to 90 and we were going to tough it out (SHACAWGA, baby. We're hardcore like that. :cool:) but majority vote said we had to turn the A/C on so we all didn't, ya know, burst into flames...

Kiki

Reaction score
Guh, I love the heat. Well, I say that but when it comes along I complain about it (sometimes, depending how extreme it is). :stick_out_tongue: I miss it, anyway. It's not even winter here (but it will be really soon) and it's blooming cold. I have to be out of the house by at least 7:30 every weekday and my legs feel like icicles *Plays the violin*. :frown: And teachers forcing us to get out of the corridors and outdoors in the cold each recess/lunchtime hardly helps the medicine go down. -___- *Spends her lunchtimes in the warm artroom*

Nick22

Reaction score
eh...so...freakin....HOT. i love it and i hate it.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Ugh...What can I say? I've been sick all week and the medicine causes drowsiness. Combine that with the Louisiana heat and mugginess two days ago...You do the math. :stick_out_tongue:

muppet baby

Reaction score
i have had heat in my town around 106 and 107 for the last 2 weeks it is really really bad , i have a problem with very very hot natured , i use to could not wear a coat out side in exream cold weather , LOL really that is the truth sigh . Now that is a bit better and i get to wear a coat when i need to . All of that said the heat can really make me sick , i have to watch . I have a really love hate relashanship with the heat .

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
i have had heat in my town around 106 and 107 for the last 2 weeks
Ugghh, I am so sorry. I hate it when it gets past 70, I can't imagine it being that hot for that long.

Apparently the heat's making some problems up in the moutains. It's been melting the snow which is flooding the rivers. It depends on how cold it gets at night which is deciding how bad it will get.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Summer's only halfway over, but it's been a TERRIBLE summer thusfar.

According to the news yesterday, we broke all kinds of records...

1. We broke the record for the hottest June in two decades. :grouchy:
2. We broke our average for number of days with 90 or + degree weather (so far 34, the average is 31... last year we only had 11). Really, that's not even the worst part, as we've had days where the heat index had gotten up to 110. :grouchy:
3. Okay, we haven't broken this record, but remember back in 2007 when we had that severe drought that the entire state was declared a disaster? Well, we're having another pretty bad drought this summer... I swear, you watch the doplar radar on the weather, and you can see these lines of thunderstorms head our way, split around around us, then cluster up again afterwards... like whenever Bugs Bunny burrows with his ears through the surface, and you can see his ears split around obstacles like rocks and trees. And one of our rivers STILL hasn't recovered from the drought of 2007... it's gotten so shallow, people are standing right in the middle of it, and the water's only waist high. :grouchy:

I CANNOT wait for October!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
It rained a bunch a few weeks ago and now it has been super hot the past few days. Be awful for my allergies (and I didn't know I had allergies until the weather and family made me accept I do)
I can't wait for Octiber either. I'd settle for September if it rained.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Sheesh, I'd love to have some of your guys' heat! It's mid-July and we're only just starting to get hot days around here (granted, in CA one's idea of a "hot day" is usually at least above 75).