None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i really want it to be 80's this week i want to go spend some time at the beach with a special someone

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man! It's ninety-fricken-three degrees today, it hurts just to walk outside!

What a day... the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, and just listen to those birds frying in the trees.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I hate it when it's hot and the cicadas are out. They make it sound as if the trees are going to spntaneously combust.

Uh, it snowed here yesterday and today and I think it's stupposed to again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I hate it when it's hot and the cicadas are out. They make it sound as if the trees are going to spntaneously combust.
Funny, another friend of mine from Colorado said you guys didn't have any cicadas. :wink:

I HATE those little buggers and their all-night singing binges... them and katydids are the worst down here... but at least cicadas don't end up in your house when you least expect them to

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
we might not have them here. But there's something that buzzes that always makes me think that. We go to Arizona every year and i hear it too.

We've never really had a katydid problem. We get ants. All over the place. And then there's the pine beetles. But they aren't really a houshold nuicanse

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's actually worse today than it was yesterday; even though the temps have dropped (though not by much), the humidity is up, which makes it very painful just to step outside -- like walking into a room and getting slapped in the face with a large blanket that had been in the dryer for over an hour.

Nick22

Reaction score
eh. i almost died at school. it was horrible....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Any of ya dam thee yankehs up north wanna switch places with me for a while? The heat has returnethed. :grouchy: