None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

Beakerfan

Reaction score
HEAT? Are you guys for real? It's barely reached the mid-60's around here! I would give ANYTHING for some real sunshine and spring weather! I am jealous....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was shocked in watching the weather last night, and saying other temps around the country... and saying that Los Angeles was supposed to be like 65 or 67 today... that's SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA... it's usually supposed to be hotternell down there!

Either way, sure Beaks, you can trade places with me... me no function well in heat...

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
It's been pretty hot in the DC area for the past few days, but after the winter we just had, I'm not complaining too much.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I was shocked in watching the weather last night, and saying other temps around the country... and saying that Los Angeles was supposed to be like 65 or 67 today... that's SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA... it's usually supposed to be hotternell down there!

Either way, sure Beaks, you can trade places with me... me no function well in heat...
Actually LA doesn't get too bad - then again, I've become quite accustomed to a warmer climate, so it only bothers me when it gets like, 110 degrees.

Good news, btw - it's 75 out today! :smile: Beeeeyootiful weather!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anything above 69 is too warm for me... I try to keep my living conditions at a constant 60 degrees, lol. Nobody ever has to tell me to "chill out".

Nick22

Reaction score
i actually can't complain about the heat. i love the warm weather. :smile: but i'm sure i'll be back her in a month or two complaining :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeeshpah... it's been in the mid 80s, but it feels even warmer than that out... I'ma havin' the keep the AC cranked up just to get through it.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
People here hate me because I say that I would rather have a blizzard then a heat wave :big_grin:. I've actually liked it this year because even though it's warming up we still have been having clod days (including snow) and we're still due for the week long blizzard we get every three to four years.
I like it warm but not sweltering. And I'm totally fine if it's cold.
As for today, it was warm but nice and breezy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People here hate me because I say that I would rather have a blizzard then a heat wave :big_grin:.
ROCK ON! ! !

We're supposed to have a little bit of a cool down for the weekend... like maybe mid 60s... that'll be good enough.

The bad news is that because our previous winter has been extremely wet (lots of rain, and non-sticking snow), the bugs'll be out in full force this summer... we got a bit of wasp problem, we've already had three get into the house, and of course there's always katydids to look forward to. :rolleyes: And the thing that I hate the most... the dreaded jar flies (or as intellectual people call them, cicadas) and their night-long singing of "Errerrrerrrrerrrerrrerrerrerrerrerr..." drives you INSANE!

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Yay for cicadas. I usually hear cicadas and it's hot and I keep thinking that the trees are going to spontaneously combust. Has anyone else ever thought that?

We had a wasps nest right above the drive through at work once. Fun times *not*

I keep hoping that it'll get cold enough to take care of our bug problem. The pine beetles are eating everything up around here.