Non-figure related items from Palisades?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There has been much debate about the possibility of Palisades releasing 3 different kinds of figures. I'd like to see them all made, but as Zoot and Dingo stated, there are other possibilities that may need exploring. Palisades released mini lunchboxes so their license must cover other items, so what kinds of other possibilities are there? Plush is most likely not covered but there must be other possibilities.

Christmas Ornaments
Figural Mugs
Pencil and Pen Toppers
Figural Soaps
Pencil Sharpeners
Wind-up Toys
Figural Alarm Clocks

Whew...I'm tapped out. But just think about having a Janice or Crazy Harry mug or Pepe clock!

Luke

Reaction score
I think Ken mentioned there would be 3 other Muppet lines before the end of the year did he not ? Something like that anyway. I'm guessing they'll be small yet worthy 'stocking filler' items like the Lunchboxes so yeah Ornaments would be nice (same kinda matierials as action figs i guess) and your idea of Alarm clocks would be cool.

I have an idea actually. How about 'Muppet Room Guards' ? You remember when they did 'Toy Story' they had Buzz Lightyears that looked like action figures - but you placed them in your room and when it sensed someone coming into the room (via atmosphere sensors i think) it would say something like 'I'm Buzz Lightyear - This Is An Intruder Alert' or something like that. Anyway it would be cool to have Kermit say 'Hi Ho - Welcome to my room' or Pepe saying 'Scram, get outa here or i shall spank you like a bad, bad donkey' - anyway that kinda stuff.

Of course we'll be getting into the whole voice licensing argument again but at least this would be an opportunity to use the newer puppeteers rather than the old voic clips.

Also we had the idea of 'Paint Your Own' type figures, PVC's and Playsets in one of the other threads that has always been successful with the 'crafty' Muppet fans over the years.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have heard nothing of these action figure guard thingys. Sounds very cool! My ex did have a Scooby that was light sensitive. Maybe it's the same sort of thing. I really like the idea of having a Pepe contiually pestering me!

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
"Wake up, okay? What are you waiting for? Oh! Dios mio! Wake up, okay? Come on! Come on! You do not want to be late!"

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Now that I would have a hard time throwing across the room! I'd wake up just laughing my butt off!

Luke

Reaction score
Maybe the talking room guards have been more popular over here - you can get a Homer one as well.

I'm sure you guys have seen it but you can get a Homer that sits on top of your TV and when you point the remote at the TV to change the channel, the Homer toy picks up the signal too and he talks to you.

Other than that, yeah talking alarm clocks would be very cool - do Palisades do electronics ? I guess they have people in China who could.

dr. gorry

Reaction score
jamie basically a room guard is a statue with a built in sensor,that can annoy the heck outta anybody.it could chase someone outta your room,but thenagain it could chase you outta you room!lol!

Luke

Reaction score
Yup, Gorry is spot on exactly right there - so the room guard is kinda made out of the same matierials as action figures, so if they R&D'd the sensor, it would be fairly easy for Palisades to sculpt and manufacture. I guess the guys in China would just have a sensor to pop in along the way.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Hmm, not sure about these room guard things. But if I could get a really detailed Gonzo or Rowlf to sit on top of my television and make comments about what I'm watching, well, that could be cool.

I'd like to see some new ornaments at 'regular' ornament prices (not like the Radko ones that came out a while back). The regular figure molds or minis could probably be used. Would be fun if they were based on MCC, Emmet, Muppet Family Christmas.... I know those aren't covered by a TMS license, but it would be nice to have ornaments that connected to the actual holiday shows.

Clocks could be good.

I'd love to see new figural mugs. And new cookie jars and salt and pepper shakers. There are big collectors markets for both of those, though they would probably need to find new outlets-- don't think comic stores are quite the places most cookie jar collectors haunt. :wink:

I think Palisades has done some simple plush (aren't we getting one with the Club package?). Don't know that they'd really want to get into a Muppet plush line, but there is certainly room for more than Igel/Disney and Nanco plushes, whether they come from Palisades or someone else.

I'd like to see a less detailed but more elaborate playset of the Muppet Theater, along the lines of the old Fisher Price Playskool Sesame Street Little People set. Or the Muppet Boarding House. Better yet, both!

Jackie

Reaction score
The Nanco Plushes of the Muppets are so wonderful! I almost have them all thanks to Joe :smile: The little ones are so cute! And Joe has Rizzo hanging in his car! LOL!